• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MU7 update fails on centos 5.6

Silver Pleskian
Support,

I think you need to edit your update script to make sure setenforce 0 is executed, the update(s) applied and then setenforce 1 again.

I got an email that an autoupdate was automatically applied (this is how plesk defaults on centos to automatically apply updates). Upon logging in and checking there was still a depending update. I applied the update and got the failed message about some package during the update execution failed and to contact support.

I checked my audit.log and it was full of autoupdate script AVC errors just recently triggered.

I then setenforce 0, reapplied the update, was 100% successful, then setenforce 1 again.

Surely the developers need to fix this. What is the point of autoupdate if it fails? How hard is it to detect if selinux is enabled on the system in a script and setenforce 0 for the duration of the updates and then restore it?

Can this be pushed to the developers as it's an easy remedy to apply and fix issues. Even the basic plesk installer in the first place should do this, instead of in the notes telling you to disable it during installation.

Either this or update the psa-selinux to ensure the applied patches and script(s) do not create audits and selinux denied.

Also the MU7 updater must be broken as the email automatically sent told me the panel was successfully updated, where clearly it was not.

Also can the updater emails please put in the MU number? It's annoying to see it's just updated to 10.2 so many times. The links in the CP when you log in should kick you to the running list so you can see the MU that was applied, rather than the plain 10.2 every single time.

Thanks!

I have forwarded it to developers and will update thread with results.

Centos 5.6 x86 64 bit
Plesk 10.2 fully updated

Attached are the autoinstaller.log as .tar.gz and I dumped only the AVC errors out of audit with grep into avcnew.log.tar.gz

Let me know anything else you need. After I setenforce 0 I could install the MU7 update from the CP and I then setenforce 1 again afterwards.

Thanks!

Attachments

• autoinstaller3.log.tar.gz
    164.8 KB · Views: 1
  • avcnew.log.tar.gz
    960 bytes · Views: 2
Sorry, but we need full /var/log/audit/audit.log file and please fill mentioned form with all details.

IgorG,

My logs have rotated and they are gone. What I attached was a grep dump of any AVC error which is used to create policy with audit2allow, I can't see anything else that's needed as the AVCs are what is needed to create a policy.

My OS is Centos 5.6 64 bit Intel. Plesk version is 10.2 with all updates.

I only noticed the failed update as I was alerted in the CP when logging in about failed update.

I then manually tried to update through the panel got an error.

Only after checking I found out selinux denied and caused the error. Upon setenforce 0 do the update again and setenforce 1 there have been no audits since.

If you read the audits, it's the auto updated getting denied.

Thanks.

Problem description

Autorotate fails to update as well as applying update through control panel (MU7).

Actual Result

Updates fail

Expected Result

Updates should work without having to setenforce 0 then setenforce 1 afterwards. The updates should do this to the system automatically.

Thanks IgorG,

Must be something specific in MU7 as I have been with 10.0 from the start and never had this. I know there are quite a lot of errors in the AVC file.

Back