• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multi Server Configuration - Whats allowed on the management node

Andreas Predl

New Pleskian
Hi all,

we will switch next days to plesk onyx multiserver, but there is still some questions left from my side.

I know that we need a dedicated server only for the management with the same configuration as the hosting nodes as well with a plesk license and a multiserver license everywhere, and hosting is not allowed on the management server.

1) Can I install docker containers on the management node?
2) Can I run the primary DNS Server on the management node?
3) Can I run the mail server on the management node?

Thx very much.

Hi @Andreas Predl,

My opinion is you can have all mentioned services on the management node independently from Multi Server if are:
- you have enough resources on the server;
- used ports do not conflict with ports required for Multi Server.

I might be misinterpreting this question, but if the question is whether you can have a mail server on the management node, while the associated hosting service is on a different node, then the answer - from my understanding of the roadmap - is no.

Somewhere down the line, centralized mail and DNS will likely be implemented, as it is on the roadmap.

actually waiting for centralized DNS/Mail management, for now multi-server isn't worth it to me over password manager and just using usefull hostnames (Web001, web002, web003 etc.)

Back