• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Multiple Clients

CSN-Carl

Basic Pleskian
Why does Plesk only allow 1 client of the same name? Plesk 9.0 also has this very silly restriction and it's going to make things very messy now 9.0 supports resellers/clients.

For example if John Smith signed up for a hosting plan in January and then decided in February he wanted another hosting plan for a new business the account creation fails as the client "John Smith" already exists in the database.

But if we re-name the client to J Smith it can be successfully created.

Why does Plesk have this restriction of only allowing the 1 of the same client name? It seems very silly as they all get different client ID's anyway.

Please remove this restriction or provide a work-around.

Thank you,

Carl

A client account can have multiple domains, so there is no need to add John Smith again if he wants another hosting plan. Just add the new hosting plan to his existing account.

A client account can have multiple domains, so there is no need to add John Smith again if he wants another hosting plan. Just add the new hosting plan to his existing account.

You are missing the point.

I'm quite aware clients can have multiple domains, but some businesses like separate "accounts" for each business.

This limitation also causes problems for Expand, if a client already exists on Server 1 and there client account is added to the central mail server. If they sign up for a new plan and get added to Server 2 the client account is added fine, but it's not added to CMAIL as it already exists.

No other control panel has this limitiation and to me it makes no sense at all.

I agree with you Carl. I'm surprised the developers haven’t done anything about it in Plesk 9.0 (this must be a known issue?). We only have ~200 clients/server and already have to cope with this (naming them John Smith, John Smith [1], John Smith [2]). I could imagine the problems for a big webhost or (especially) someone that offer reseller accounts.

Only the login name should be unique.

Back