• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

multiple errors when upgrading from 12.0.18 to 12.5.30

WojciechK

New Pleskian
Hey,
We spent half of the night yesterday trying to get upgrade going on our dedicated server, but failed.
Surpisingly, we managed to perform same upgrade on a VPS on a different hosting without any problems and it took less than 15mins.

Here we stumbled upon following problems until we reached a point where we couldn't go any further:
following are errors taken from installation log and our solutions:
1) Trying to find psa database... version is 012000018
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is 11.0.9, but previous database
version is 012000018
We went back to correct database and re-run upgrade

2)
ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 9: Can't create table 'apsc.aps_resource_adjacency_list' (errno: 150)
InnoDB

after a couple of tries to manually create the databases, I exported the tables from apsc db from the working VPS (12.5.30 already) and imported it to my dedicated server apsc db (it seems all tables that were created are empty so there shouldnt be any problems)

3)
===> Cumulative upgrade of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
ERROR 1290 (HY000) at line 1: The MySQL server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement
ERROR 1290 (HY000) at line 1: The MySQL server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement

ERROR while trying to upgrade MySQL password format for admin

this time it went on and stopped at this stage.

when we commented out the --skip-grant-tables we are unable to open up plesk webinterface as we get:

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (Abstract.php:144)

Please help

We're running it on Ubuntu machines.

Regards,
Wojciech Kulesza

Solved it myself.
what i did:

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

then
UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('this is where i pasted in the password got from above message') WHERE User='admin';

then commented:
--skip-grant-tables in /etc/mysql/my.cnf

and restarted mysql server

this allowed me to perform the upgrade without problems

Please mark as closed and solved :)

Back