• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple php versions, How to install php 5.3.27 on plesk 12.5.30?

Ivan Luminaria

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I installed some older versions of php using plesk upgrade, and all is working fine.

I have an older version of oscommerce website on my server using php 5.3.27, when I had plesk 11.x it was working. After the upgrade of the OS to CentOS 7 and Plesk to 12.5.30, the oscommerce doesn't work, and I cani install php 5.3.27.

https://alexbouma.me/multiple-php-versi ... -centos-6/

I read a lot on internet, but it seems there is a conflict between the older version I'm going to "make" and the latest one.

When I try to compile php, the configure fail:
checking for U8T_DECOMPOSE...
configure: error: utf8_mime2text() has new signature, but U8T_CANONICAL is missing. This should not happen. Check config.log for additional information.
It seems that I lost libc-client and livc-client-devel.

I tryed to install them, using yum, by adding Atomic repo, but when I send the commando:
# yum install libc-client-devel
Requires: libc-client = 2007e-11.el6.art
Installed: libc-client-2007f-4.el7.1.art.x86_64 (installed)
libc-client = 2007f-4.el7.1.art
Available: libc-client-2007e-11.el6.art.x86_64 (atomic)
libc-client = 2007e-11.l6.art
Any sujestion? Can you help me?

Take a step back for a moment as you might be over-complicating this. First, take a backup just in case something goes terribly wonky.

Then, login to Plesk and use the "Add or Remove Components" link, expand the "Web hosting" option and then expand "PHP interpreter versions" to see a list of PHP versions. Select which one(s) you want to install (in this case PHP 5.3) and click the "Continue" button.

Once the installer finishes its process, go back to the Plesk 12.5 Panel and add a new (or change an existing) plan that offers subscriptions the PHP 5.3 interpreter version that you just installed. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory and assuming that the install process goes smoothly, it's about as peachy as you can get in the Plesk world given how many other issues can arise when working with Plesk.

Good luck and please report back with your results!

Hi,

no the problem is that on my webserver there is hostess an oscommerce 2.2 that need php 5.3.27, when I followed the procedure you suggested Plesk install the php 5.3.29 and oscommerce doesn't work.

To install the php 5.3.27 we must compile it by hand, but some php version newer and installed before could make conflict and it is really hard to complete this issue.

If anyone done it and can post is solution is very apreciated.

Thanks,
Ivan

The additional insight and constraints are certainly helpful! While convincing a customer to upgrade old software isn't always feasible, one approach you might take would be to stick with the Pleskified 5.3.29 interpreter and following the manual code updates as seen here (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19472823/how-to-get-oscommerce-2-2-running-on-php-5-4) to at least get it running on 5.3.29, especially if your customer has no plans on upgrading osCommerce

Back