• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple version of PHP are not working properly

Kenneth_H

New Pleskian
Hi
I am looking for a replacement to my existing ISPConfig 3.x installation and have heard a lot of good things about Plesk, so I decided to put up a test server with a trial version of Plesk 12.
The server is running Centos 6.5 64-bit minimal install with all system updates applied before installing Plesk. After installing Plesk I used the commands from the attached text-file.
After compiling PHP 5.5.20 with no errors displayed on screen I created a new subscription plan as a copy of the #default domain" plan and changed the name to "PHP 5.5 website" and in the Hosting Parameters I changed PHP to run still run as a FastCGI application but use my compiled PHP 5.5.20 instead of the OS vendors PHP 5.3.3.
The configure options used are the same as I did use for my ISPConfig 3.x servers.
I also tried the configure options shown here: http://kb.odin.com/en/118378
But the command ends with a "configure: WARNING: unrecopgnized options: --enable-fastcgi"

If I compile with the attached script I get a HTTP 500 error when visiting the selected website (which is a clean installation of Drupal 7.34) and in the error_log for my test site I get this:
"
[Sun Dec 28 18:51:48 2014] [warn] [client x.x.x.x] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Sun Dec 28 18:51:48 2014] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Premature end of script headers: index.php
"
x.x.x.x is the internal IP of my router/firewall.

I have also looked in the Plesk Administrator Guide, which did not really come up with a solution for my issue.

Is there a known issue with Plesk 12 and CentOS 6.5 64-bit when wanting to use multiple versions of PHP, since both the version compiled using the KB article above and my own attached script worked fine on my ISPConfig 3.x servers.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Attachments

• plesk12-centos65-php5520.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi IgorG
I have now been troubleshooting using the articles provided and my issue is the first mentioned here: http://kb.odin.com/en/120785

I have tried troubleshooting and implementing fixes from all three articles, but I still get HTTP500 error and the same entries in the site specific and global error_log

What would our next step be?

EDIT: I have performed my testing on an identical server using CentOS 7 64-bit instead of CentOS 6.x 64-bit and after compiling PHP with the same script as earlier I managed to get it working. It seems to me that the issue is with CentOS 6 and not with Plesk. Can anyone tell me if this is the case? What is the official word from Plesk support regarding CentOS 6.x and Plesk 12?

Last edited:

Hello, we have the following problem:

We followed the instructions at http://kb.odin.com/en/118378 to install a newer version of php using the command /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler –add

But when that version of php is turned on in the hosting settings of one of our clients, we get the error “500 Internal Server Error”.

The log says: “[Wed Feb 25 10:18:13 2015] [warn] [client 213.х.х.х] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server”

The php version is - PHP 5.6.3 with fast-cgi support

The permissions for the folder /usr/local/php563-cgi are set to 755

There were no problems with adding this version of php in Parallels Plesk, but when we choose this php version on a separate client, we get the error that we described earlier. When we choose the old php version, everything works fine.

We also tried installing other versions of php and have the same result.

Server software: CentOS 6
Parallels Plesk 12.0 for Linux
Php version - PHP 5.6.3 with fast-cgi support​

Back