• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue My email server is blocked - what antivirus should I use

brownbag

Basic Pleskian
My server seems to have come up on a listing for infected IPs at www.abuseat.org.

A lookup on www.abuseat.org says the following:
"This IP is infected (or NATting for a computer that is infected) with an infection that is emitting spam.
999.999.999.999 was found to be using the following name as the HELO/EHLO parameter during connections: "localhost.localdomain"."

This means that I can't send emails any longer to gmail accounts. I noticed that my plesk server has no

On the recommendations of Vultr, I'm getting started on mailgun so that I can use this to send mail from my online system (I only send specific mail so would never send more than 100 or so a month and this is therefore a cheap solution).

I noticed on plesk that against Mail server -> Used Antivirus it says, "None". Yet I have the ImmunityAV extension (free) and ran it and it didn't detect anything.
abuseat.org recommend cleaning your 'PC' with antivirus solutions such as Norton Power Eraser, Zeus, Ice-X, Citadel, ZeroAccess and Cutwail. But none of these are available on Plesk.
Are there any other suggestions? I don't want to pay for the premium products unless I have some confidence that they will find something.
TIA.

Hi @brownbag,

Are you on multiple blacklists or just one?

Have you considered using Immunify360?

We use it on our cPanel servers and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Additionally, is the host running Windows?

Hi @brownbag,

Are you on multiple blacklists or just one?

Have you considered using Immunify360?

We use it on our cPanel servers and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Additionally, is the host running Windows?
I seem to be on just two blacklists and one is less of a concern (my work PC IP is on that). I'm pretty sure that www.abuseat.org is the main concern. The host is running Linux Ubuntu 18.04.

ImmunityAV didn't detect any issues. I've checked out Immunity360. Do you know the difference? And do you use the free version or paid one?

I believe the paid version cleans up the malware but the free one doesn't :)

If you're using Ubuntu, you should set up maldet and run a scan.

sure, I'll give that a go. With maldet, would I install it directly on my server or is there a plesk extension I should use to set this up?

Back