• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

myLittleBackup / aspupload

Antonelos

New Pleskian
I have a brand new Plesk 12 Windows Server 2012. I want to ask if its possible to install myLittleBackup and aspupload on it. Is there any compatibility issues?
For the record i already asked both vendors, but i didn't get a straight answer also both suggested me to ask Parallels.

Hello Antonelos,
While you wait for a straight forward answer from the Parallels team ..

However, logically I see no problem or conflicts with Plesk, since its just a tool for managing SQL Server databases.

These applications were not tested with Plesk. But I assume that there shouldn't be any problems. So, you can try to install and use it on your own risk.

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. Do you know a backup application that has been tested from Parallels?
myLittleBackup was the application that followed me all this years since Plesk 9.0 and now i can't find a worthy
successor. I've tested myLittleBackup on Plesk as you suggested, but i think its not compatible or i should
better say i stopped to a point where the result would be unknown and there will be no turning back.

If you know any good backup application, i don't care even if its a commercial solution, I'd like to know it.

Regards!

Why Plesk backup manager is not suitable for you?

Hello,

It's not like that. Τhe server hosting hundreds of users and their sites.
The use of Plesk backup Manager its adequate as it offers everything you need.
If you ask me I am perfectly fine with what, but I can not have dissatisfied users to my hosting company, I should be offering alternative solutions.

BTW, we have seriosly redesigned database manager in latest Plesk Preview. You can install it and test new database backup operation and other features like incremental backups, etc.

Sorry if my questions have not been totally clear til now.
We want the END users (not us as admins) of Plesk to be able to restore an MS SQL database from an individual dump file without OUR intervention.
Is this possible via Plesk 12 or not ?

Your end users can find several backup applications in Application Catalog and choose more suitable from them as possible alternative to default Plesk backup manager.

Hi Igor,

thanks you for your reply, but we are aware of that and we are not interested in our clients using 3rd party backup applications.

The question is this: Can our Customers restore an MS SQL database (only) from a dump file through Plesk 12 for Windows?
If yes, how? We still haven't found the way.
The SQL server is a remote server on another physical server (not on the same server as Plesk).

Please clarify.

Regards,
Antonelos

Have you tried to use <subscription>->Websites&Domains->BackupManager->More Actions->Database Backup Repository->Upload Backup File ?

Hi Igor,

yes, we have and it took us a long time before we managed to configure it properly. We followed a workaround from Plesk 11 documentation.
So far is looking good, I'm not sure what kind of errors i will encounter in the future. Parallels really has to make it easier for end users to use
backup/restore functions.

Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

Regards,
Antonelos

Back