• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL 4x

P

plumptree

When is Plesk 7.5x going to be compatible with MySQL 4.x

I need to upgrade my CMS websites, but can't since the upgrade requires the MySQL 4.x Please advise

Yes

Correct.

Its compatible with mySQL 4.02 now - no problems using AT's RPM's via YUM or manual RPM install.

I have a couple boxes running 7.5.2 with expand. They say MySQL 4 is not compatible with expand. Do you know of any work arounds or had any expirience with expand and MySQL 4?

TIA,

poke

Last time I tried it simply did not work with MySQL4, I'd suggest not running expand on v4 or you may have serious problems.

Thanks Cranky! I guess I'll just be waiting until plesk 8 or so..

I'm running since plesk 7.0 with mysql 4.x and it works perfect.

The only thing you have to do is restore it after a plesk update.

You can simply upgrade after a install and it takes just 30 seconds.

I'm now working with plesk 7.5.1 and it works still perfect.

Originally posted by empeetrois
I'm running since plesk 7.0 with mysql 4.x and it works perfect.

The only thing you have to do is restore it after a plesk update.

You can simply upgrade after a install and it takes just 30 seconds.

I'm now working with plesk 7.5.1 and it works still perfect.

How? I've updated MySQL to v4.1.10 and every time I reboot or run psa_dump MySQL fails to restart...

mysql 4.x

Hi,

I too have been trying to get an answer from Plesk to see if they 'officially' support mysql 4.x. So far, I havent gotten a concrete word on this yet.

We are running Plesk 7.5.2 (reloaded) with mysql 3.2.3 and php 4.3.12

If someone has upgraded their mysql to version 4.x while using plesk version 7.5.x, can you please let me know what your experience was / is?

TIA,
-V

Sorry for the extremely late reaction but this works for me:

First get:

MySQL-client-4.0.20-3mdk.i586.rpm
MySQL-server-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm

Then

run: /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

Then update or install first
MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm

Then
-Uvh MySQL-server-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm

Then you can start the new version of MySQL:

/etc/init.d/mysql start

After that you can install the client:

rpm -ivh MySQL-client-4.0.20-3mdk.i586.rpm --nodeps

this works for me on Fedora Core 1 And Fedora Core 2 with plesk 7.5.1 but I can nothing ensure.

I wouldnt recommend using that on a redhat system (rh9-FC3) since its a mandrake rpm. I've got native mysql 4 rpms built specifically for PSA in my yum archives for 3es (and clones, tao, whitebox, and centos) rh9, fc1, fc2, and fc3.

Back