• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DroningAround.com

New Pleskian
How do I upgrade to MySQL 5.7 if my Plesk Onyx Package Manager for Windows Server 2012 R2 does not include v5.7? It only includes v5.6.

Hi DroningAround.com,

pls. read and follow the official MySQL - documentation, because Plesk does not ship MySQL: => http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/windows-upgrading.html

Hi UFHH01,

My Environment:
VPS with Windows Server 2012 R@
Plesk Onyx
Plesk installed MySQL 5.6
I am migrating 3 WordPress websites from a VPS each using MySQL 5.7

Therefore:
  1. Should I remove MySQL 5.6 through Plesk's Component Manager first before I proceed with the MySQL Link instructions you provided?
  2. Also Horde Webmail and Spam Assassin are installed both using MySQL 5.6.
    1. Should I remove these from the Plesk Component Manager as well, or leave them and let the MySQL 5.7 upgrade these?
    2. I don't think Horde Webmail and Spam Assassin install packages in the Plesk Component Manager like MySQL 5.7.
  3. Next, would you recommend a complete removal of MySQL 5.6 and a fresh install, or an in place overwrite from the Zip file install as detailed?
  4. Then, would you leave the default MySQL 5.7 installation settings in the my.ini file or change them to the Plesk Data Location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\data" but instead make a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\data57" data folder?

I don't understand why Plesk Onyx supports MySQL 5.7 but doesn't include an installation package in the Plesk Component Manager.

Ever resolved this issue?
Is it safe to install MySQL 5.6 using the Plesk Component Manager, overwriting MySQL 5.1 in the process?

Thanks.

Back