• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MySql driver hasn't received any packets

MieskeB

New Pleskian
(Plesk Onyx 17.8.11) I have a domain and a database connected to it. I have set the settings to 'Allow remote connections from any host' and created a user. When I try to connect to it from an external programm (datagrip) it gives this error: (database and host.com are the databasename and the domain)

Connection to [email protected] failed.
[08S01] Communications link failure.
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

I know everything works well because when I use a SSH tunnel and as host I type localhost everything works well and I can connect. But I don't want it to do it this way...

I have port forwarded port 3306 on Plesk to any host and restarted Plesk. Why is Datagrip still not able to connect properly to the database? How do I solve this problem?

Last edited:
Normaly you do not connect to a DB like this.
You do not login with the Database or Database-Name you login with Domain and USER and then select the DB.

Try this:
Code:
mysql -h domain_or_IP -u your_user -p  your_database_name

This is how it works for mySQL but I never worked with DataGrip so dunno how to do it there.
But try to log in with USER@HOST not database@host

Last edited:
Back