• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql library is wrong after upgrade

S

scanmaster

Hi,

I just got a new Centos server from 1 & 1 today but had to upgrade the Plesk panel to 10.3.1 so I could upgrade to php 5.3. I also upgraded MySQL to 5.5 but phpmyadmin reports that: "Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.77 differs from your MySQL server version 5.5.14. This may cause unpredictable behavior."

I'm importing large database files (around 300 meg each) but when the file reaches the server I get an error saying that access is denied for the user.

I then tried uploading a file through FTP and importing through SSH but MySQL just hangs.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Cheers!

Steve

Doesn't matter now I re-imaged the server and upgraded to Plesk 10.3.1 again (w/o the MySQL update) BUT now the components update page hangs so can't upgrade to php 5.3! :(

Same Problem

I have the same problem, new server from 1&1 Internet, upgraded to Plesk 10.3.1.
Having performed a yum update, I am now on PHP5.3.3

PhpMyAdmin displays the error:

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.77 differs from your MySQL server version 5.5.14. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

In fact, I get an Internal Server Error simply when I add 'Drop Table' when I export from PhpMyAdmin, so I guess that might be termed 'unpredicable behaviour'.

Would love to know if there is a fix here and if somebody can offer some commands, or link to a repository, to update the PHP MySql library? I would have thought The Plesk update would have updated the correct components when I included the PHP5.3 update.
Thanks

Back