• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue MySQL not starting after update

dotmaki

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49.2
Hello, yesterday i did an update on packages and while everything was working ok tomorrow i was greeted with this:

1681115336608.png

This is when i try to restart mariadb
1681115507126.png

I've tried to use plesk repair mysql but i get this error => 1681115448097.png

I have tried other relative topics in the forums but couldn't get it to work. Any ideas?

I have managed to get MySQL / MariaDB up and running following this guide: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377928655767
Seems that MySQL table was somehow deleted so i manually created it and then restored the dump from the day before the update.

Is there another table i should restore in order to get the Plesk frontend to work ?
The issue on the Plesk frontend still persists.

1681120392693.png

Did you attempt an upgrade of Plesk before the database issue occured and have there been any errors logged in /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log on that attempt?

Yes as stated in the initial question this happened after a Plesk upgrade. I scanned it briefly but couldn't locate any errors.

Here's a screenshot around the time this i believe happened.
1681122947818.png

Do you have a support subscription or was your license purchased from Plesk so that it includes support? I've seen a similar report on the Facebook group, but so far none of the users opened a ticket on it, so that we have not yet seen how an update could cause a missing database table. It would need to be examined in detail on an affected system. This is also strange, because after your update your system seems to having been stable and only later tables from the database went missing.

Do you have a support subscription or was your license purchased from Plesk so that it includes support? I've seen a similar report on the Facebook group, but so far none of the users opened a ticket on it, so that we have not yet seen how an update could cause a missing database table. It would need to be examined in detail on an affected system. This is also strange, because after your update your system seems to having been stable and only later tables from the database went missing.
I've purchased my license along with my dedicated so i get billed through my dedicated provider for plesk but no i haven't made any Facebook group posts.

I'll gladly can provide you a dump if you guide me through it :)

Could you please do one check for me on your system? I'd like to know, what output
# grep "mysql." /var/www/vhosts/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log
shows. In a similar case a user found entries showing that the mysql database was damaged. We know that Plesk only detected it and is not the cause, but as the other case is also Ubuntu and occured after an update, I'd be interested in learning whether there is an issue with some package upgrade of Ubuntu that causes a mysql database corruption.

Back