• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Problem

J

jhammond@

I'm having a problem getting MySQL working (again) in plesk control panel. I installed an application for spam control, didn't like it, and uninstalled it. When I did, it took MySQL with it from Plesk. I re-installed the MySQL instance in Plesk and the service is now showing that it's running, but it won't start the database server itself.

I'm getting the error: Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I've tried putting in my plesk password, and also changing to user "root" with no password (as it says in the setup), but nothing seems to work.

I have customers who are without database functions so I need to get this resolved asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JH

I think you might be best off uninstalling Plesk completely, and then reinstalling it. If you MySQL db was removed, you're lucky to have any functionality at all still.

Back