1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySQL Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jhammond@, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jhammond@

jhammond@ Guest

I'm having a problem getting MySQL working (again) in plesk control panel. I installed an application for spam control, didn't like it, and uninstalled it. When I did, it took MySQL with it from Plesk. I re-installed the MySQL instance in Plesk and the service is now showing that it's running, but it won't start the database server itself.

I'm getting the error: Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    I've tried putting in my plesk password, and also changing to user "root" with no password (as it says in the setup), but nothing seems to work.

I have customers who are without database functions so I need to get this resolved asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JH

2. jhammond@

jhammond@ Guest

anyone?

any thoughts?

3. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
    I think you might be best off uninstalling Plesk completely, and then reinstalling it. If you MySQL db was removed, you're lucky to have any functionality at all still.

4. prince

prince Regular Pleskian

53%
    you can do a plesk repair from Add/remove programs -> Plesk control panel

select repair