• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL server has gone away (4.1.15)

P

piotrek

Hi All,

I use: Mysql 4.1.15, PHP 4.4.1, FC3 from ART.
I did an upgrade from ART from Mysql 3.23 to 4.1.15 on fresh box with Plesk 7.5.4. Im getting problems with "MySQL server has gone away" and ~ "MySQL lost connection during query" while connecting and doing queries from regular users, added from Plesk control panel. For example:

[root@hostname ~]# mysql -u REGULAR_USER -p PASSWORD DATABASE_OF_THIS_REGULAR_USER -e 'show tables'
ERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 1: MySQL server has gone away

and with all other queries...!

When i tried to do it with admin user (admin user from Plesk is also root of mysql of course), all works really fine!

My admin password was not changed since box and plesk installation even after upgrade from ART. I thought that is a problem of famous old_passwords but it is not.

I dont know what to do Please advice me ...

Should I downgrade mysql to 3.23. or 4.0?
Which version of Mysql server is working stable?

Peter

I use the Distrib 4.1.10 from ART with no problem on 7.5.4

I've found that giving the server a reboot, then running:
mysql_fix_priviledge_tables --user=admin --password=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` and then all of my problems go away, but I've never seen the error "MySQL server has gone away" ...

Anyway, I have had to run the above and this fixed any issue after updating mysql...

thanks poke, i'll try your method...but except of reboot i did mysql_fix_priviledge_tables :)

unfortunetly reboot didn't help ... last thing i can do is to downgrade Mysql, remove mysql 4.1.15 installation and install mysql 4.1.10 from rpm's....

yum remove mysql mysql-server mysql-compat

rpm -i myslql*

is that correct?

hmm. i 'm not quite sure, I am using the 4.1.15 and it's working great, so I'm not sure that you need to downgrade.

Is this a production box??!

Not yet because mysql, but it should :)

Btw. is not only "Mysql server has gone away":

[root@host ~]# mysql -uwatch -p**** sevenwatch -e 'show tables'
ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 1: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

As you can see it's also, Lost connection to MySQL server during query.

I read somewhere that could be caused by wrong settings in /etc/hosts and someone else said that allowing mysqld in /etc/hosts.allow fixed such problems....but i tried almost everything ;-)

Peter

The location you are testing from isn't using a multi-connection rotating/proxy type device is it? I have seen more posts recently (here and other forums) where multiple ISP connections joined by routers to aggregate the connection speeds (or load balancing) have caused connection disconnects. (I hope I'm phrasing it properly)

it's local connection, not remote so disconnects are practically impossible :)

Nevermind, i fixed it....BUT, simply commenting lines in my my.cnf file trying to detect possible syntax errors.... I found one long line which dont want to be wraped...:)

Great thanks for all who decided to help me.
It was good motivation to intensive thinking... :)

Back