• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL - Too many connections

X

Xtrm2Matt

Hi there,

Every other night for the past few nights, I've woken up to find my websites and game servers not responding due to MySQL having all it's connections used up. I've just checked the set connections (using mysqld --verbose --help) and it's set to 100.

I've tried looking in the my.ini (found in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data and also C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\Data) and max_connections is set to 300 in there, so obviously it doesn't read from that config.

1 - Could someone please tell me where the my.ini that Plesk uses is?
2 - Is MySQL limited to use so much RAM/CPU (by default)? <-- If so, how do I let it use more?
3 - Is there any other config-related "tweaks" I could add / change to make MySQL perform better?

Thank you.

Actually Plesk 7.5.x use two MySQL instances. One of it installed at %plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL\ and used for users databases, second installed at %plesk_dir%\MySQL\Data and used for internal Plesk needs. Config files for MySQL stored in Data folder in corresponding locations.

Actually it's quite useful to update Plesk up to 7.5.6 version and both MySQL up to 4.1.18
You can find details about how to update MySQL on Plesk servers in KB article at http://kb.swsoft.com/article_147_1077_en.html

Hi there,

I've updated MySQL now (as said above) for both the internal and external MySQL instance. I've checked the configs in both dirs, and double checked them, and the max_connections specified in there is 500 in one, and 800 in the other. However, mysqld --verbose --help still shows max_connections as 100 (and I've restarted MySQL numerous times).

Is it possible that mysqld isn't showing the correct max_connections? Bare in mind it does show the dirs, etc, correctly.

Thank you.

I have same problem with plesk 7.5.4

mysql : too many connection
i always get this error.

Hi there,

I've found out that mysqld's reading of max_connections is infact false. If you change max_connections in the /Databases/MySQL/Data/my.ini, restart MySQL then check in phpMyAdmin (the one which comes default with Plesk), then that reads max_connections = xxx (e.g., mine is 800 now).

Thanks for the support.

Matt

Back