• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MySQL-Update 5.5 to 5.7 or 5.6

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
last night I made server new. Default image Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Plesk 12.5 #62 by 1and1 provider
I want to update MySQL by this Plesk tutorial (german) here in english.

1. Do you suggest to do it before activating Plesk or
is it better first activating Plesk Panel / get Licence KEY / perhaps also updating to Plesk ONYX 7.0.17
and making pre-configurations in Plesk like changing MySQL to "only local connections" what I usually do?

The second important question for me is:
2. Which actual version of MySQL do you recommend to install?
Oracle recommends 5.7. with Verifying the MD5 Checksum
shell> md5sum mysql-standard-5.7.19-linux-i686.tar.gz
aaab65abbec64d5e907dcd41b8699945 mysql-standard-5.7.19-linux-i686.tar.gz
by this apt-repository mysql-apt-config_0.8.3-1_all.deb as the newest version.

Or do you / Plesk recommends version 5.6?

Lots of greets

Last edited:
Just look at Release Notes of your Plesk version and use latest supported MySQL version. It will be better solution.
I would suggest you update your MySQL first and then "activate" Plesk.

Thanks very much, but there is always in section database 404 error at What's New in Plesk
My default is Plesk 12.5.
Perhaps to update Plesk 12.5 to Onyx under Shell (before activating it) and immediately update MySQL? But I guess that's not good, or is it the right way?

For Onyx is

Database servers and tools:

• MySQL 5.1 - 5.7
  • MySQL community edition 5.5, 5.6, 5.7

Last edited:
Thanks for help @UFHH01 hope I didn't misunderstood you. The default MySQL which comes in default is 5.5 not 5.6.
Does it mean I should directly update mysql from 5.5 to 5.6 or is the thing that my provider gives 5.5 instead of 5.6?
But like the way you wrote it, I think you wanted to write 5.5 with plesk 12.5.
I'm ready for this amazing instal, for me it's heavy to make the Ubuntu upgrade,
according to the old problem install maintainer version of grub.ls or like usual keep the local.
I'm happy that You, Igor and all others give great support here.
Thanks to everyone

No problem, my mistakes are not countable...;)
Xenial Upgrade failed like I thought.
in the end I had wily packages with the upgrade option to xenial, I did again without success. 1and1 is the problem with the repositorys.
mysql didn't worked, and much more problems like you can see in the screens. wasted time.
I have no dist-pre upgrade and also no post upgrade script in the directory where they should to be.
+ var crash txt
+ installation_log txt
Greets

fehler-3.jpg fehler-5.jpg

Attachments

• var-log-plesk-install-plesk_12.5.30_installation.log.txt
    249 KB · Views: 0
  • var-crash.txt
    109.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi Dukemaster,

pls. consider to READ and follow => How to perform dist-upgrade procedure on server with Plesk if you would like to do a dist-upgrade and pls. DON'T upgrade to "wily" ( it's not supported by Plesk anyway, because it is NO LTS version ;) ).
If you desire help with a DIST-UPGRADE, pls. don't try to mix threads ( this one is titled: MySQL-Update 5.5 to 5.7 or 5.6 ) ;) and consider to open a NEW thread for your dist-upgrade issues/errors/problems.

Back