• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Upgrade Problems

C

cclever

Have just upgraded MySQL 3.23 to 4.1.18 on a Fedora Core 2 server with Plesk 8. All was OK with the MySQL upgrade until attempting to access Plesk - I received this string of errors:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Invalid default value for 'srv_bandwidth'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:229
db_query(string 'ALTER TABLE `module_bf2_servers` MODIFY `hosting_address` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET binary NOT NULL default ''')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mysql41/mysql41.php:39
mysql41_adopt_column(string 'module_bf2_servers', string 'hosting_address', string 'varchar(255)', string ' NOT NULL default ''', array)
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mysql41/mysql41.php:112
MySQL41TableUpgrader->_handleColumn(array)
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SQLParser.php:99
SQLParser->_parseLineInTable(string ' `hosting_address` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SQLParser.php:45
SQLParser::parseLine(string ' `hosting_address` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',', integer '3')
5: :
array_walk(array, array)
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SQLParser.php:25
SQLParser->getArray(array)
7: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mysql41/mysql41.php:67
mysql41_adopt_table(string 'module_bf2_servers', array, string 'utf8', string 'utf8_general_ci')
8: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mysql41/mysql41.php:29
mysql41_adopt_database(array, string 'utf8', string 'utf8_general_ci')
9: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mysql41/MySQL41PSADBUpgrader.php:47
MySQL41PSADBUpgrader->run()
10: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mysql41/mysql41_psa.php:28
mysql41_adopt_psa_database(string 'php://stderr', boolean false)
11: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:88

I previously did the same MySQL upgrade on another FC2 server running Plesk 7.5 Reloaded with no problems. Anyone have any idea what would be causing these errors?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

I had the same issue today with Plesk 8 on Centos 3.7 after upgrading to mysql 4.1.19

After some investigation, i realized that the problem was in the plesk database, so you'll have to make this change.

use mysql console, or install phpmyadmin in one of the sites.

Database: psa
table: module_bf2_servers

USE psa;
ALTER TABLE `module_bf2_servers` CHANGE `srv_bandwidth` `srv_bandwidth` ENUM( '0', '8', '16', '32', '64', '128', '256', '512' ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

or simply add a default value of "0" to field srv_bandwidth on that table, the error comes because there is no default value.

Of course, before modifying the database, i recommend you to make backups.

It worked for me, hope it works for you.

Back