• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue mysqldump fails unknown variable

Nedz

New Pleskian
Hello ,

I'm trying to perform a full backup of my content and getting the following error for all of my databases :

[WARNING]: Cannot dump database content 'db_hf' of type 'mysql' [Cannot backup content of database 'db_hf'. The mysqldump utility has returned '7'.
STDERR: mysqldump: unknown variable 'defaults-extra-file=C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\PrivateTemp\pmm-mysdp-dd-config-1fcc5de67e6c4273b9e9802d9fddc9ff'
]

I get the above for all mysql databases ,
any help is much appreciated.

Nedz.

Usually, this issue is caused by the fact that there are extra .frm (table structure) files of InnoDB tables in a database directory Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data
You need to find these extra files and remove them.

Hi Igor , Thanks for the reply.
can i safely remove them ?
another thing I noticed is when set my sql config file to run without permissions it backs up successfully (e.g. skip-grant-tables )
doubled checked that mysql admin password stored in plesk for mysql server is correct and I can login to phpmyadmin and see all databases / users.

Thanks !

I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for resolving this inconsistency directly on your server by experienced supporters.

Back