• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Issue mysqldump fails unknown variable

Nedz

New Pleskian
Hello ,

I'm trying to perform a full backup of my content and getting the following error for all of my databases :


[WARNING]: Cannot dump database content 'db_hf' of type 'mysql' [Cannot backup content of database 'db_hf'. The mysqldump utility has returned '7'.
STDERR: mysqldump: unknown variable 'defaults-extra-file=C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\PrivateTemp\pmm-mysdp-dd-config-1fcc5de67e6c4273b9e9802d9fddc9ff'
]


I get the above for all mysql databases ,
any help is much appreciated.

Nedz.
 
Usually, this issue is caused by the fact that there are extra .frm (table structure) files of InnoDB tables in a database directory Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data
You need to find these extra files and remove them.
 
Hi Igor , Thanks for the reply.
can i safely remove them ?
another thing I noticed is when set my sql config file to run without permissions it backs up successfully (e.g. skip-grant-tables )
doubled checked that mysql admin password stored in plesk for mysql server is correct and I can login to phpmyadmin and see all databases / users.

Thanks !
 
I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for resolving this inconsistency directly on your server by experienced supporters.
 
Back
Top