• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Nameserver delegation in PLESK GUI

Raba

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've set up the domain "example.com" in Plesk. This automatically set up the associated primary name server correctly. The entries in the PLES GUI and in the zonefile under Linux match. The international connection of "example.com" exists and the domain name is resolved everywhere.

Now I'm targeting another domain called "bla.example.com". Same as before. The name resolution is again no problem. In the zonefile for "example.com" there are now four more lines for the delegation of the name service and the glue record:

bla.example.com. IN NS ns2.bla.example.com.
ns2.bla.example.com. IN A 111.222.333.444
bla.example.com. IN NS ns1.bla.example.com.
ns1.bla.example.com. IN A 111.222.333.444

Everything is fine except for: in the PLESK GUI for "example.com" the four entries are missing.

This does not fully render the example.com zonefile in the PLESK GUI.

Is this a bug?

No Answer? Maybe I was too long and too difficult. So again in a nutshell.

When I create the subdomain "bla.example.com" in PLESK for the domain "example.com", the delegations (NS records) are not displayed in PLESK (in the GUI for example.com). But they are available in zonefile for example.com (in the filesystem).

Hi Raba, service delegation records are created automatically for any subzone (domain, subdomain, domain alias) if parent zone stored on the same server basing on NS records of the child zone as Mark said. These records are not shown in Plesk interface for parent zone and cannot be managed from the parent zone. But you can forbit their automatic creation for the situation when parent zone belongs to another owner and Tools & Settings > Restrict Creation of Subzones > Forbid users to create DNS subzones in other users' DNS superzones checkbox is checked.

Last edited:
Hi Raba, service delegation records are created automatically for any subzone (domain, subdomain, domain alias) if parent zone stored on the same server basing on NS records of the child zone as Mark said. These records are not shown in Plesk interface for parent zone and cannot be managed from the parent zone. But you can forbit their automatic creation for the situation when parent zone belongs to another owner and Tools & Settings > Restrict Creation of Subzones > Forbid users to create DNS subzones in other users' DNS superzones checkbox is checked.

Thanks for the comments.

Nevertheless, a hostmaster managing the top zone in PLESK will not receive any information about delegated zones. He does not see the delegations. A hostmaster who looks directly at the zonefiles sees the delegations.

I think that's a drawback with PLESK. Is there a special reason for this?

Back