• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Nameserver Setup not working

Larsm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

i try to setup my Nameserver, but itś not working?!
Everytime i try to setup it at the Domain Backend for the Domain (Strato) it tells me (Nameserver is not configured. [ns.lars-mueller.mobi] [code:323])

When i look at Plesk the Nameserver it setup to ns.lars-mueller.mobi and ns1.lars-mueller.mobi with the IP Adress 85.214.229.172
At the Zonetransfer-ACL Backend i add the second nameserver from my hoster and add the IP Adress.
But it won`t work...

Has anyone an idea?

Hi,

I do not fully understand your question, but I checked access to DNS-server and received the error "connection timed out; no servers could be reached" (full output is below). So, check the status of DNS-service (it should be started) and firewall' rules (it should allow 53/udp and 53/tcp packets).

# dig @85.214.229.172 lars-mueller.mobi

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-38.el7_3.3 <<>> @85.214.229.172 lars-mueller.mobi
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Update: if Strato provides firewall, check its settings too.

Hi,

I do not fully understand your question, but I checked access to DNS-server and received the error "connection timed out; no servers could be reached" (full output is below). So, check the status of DNS-service (it should be started) and firewall' rules (it should allow 53/udp and 53/tcp packets).

Update: if Strato provides firewall, check its settings too.

This was the issue. i forgot to add the port 53/tcp and udp to the rules

Back