• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Need advice on general migration plan

S

Spazholio@

Guest
Ok, so we have to move from one server to another. This is not all that uncommon in the webhosting biz, really. However, I could use some pointers on general direction. Here's my thought process, and feel free to enlighten me where I go astray:

- change the TTL on the server (and all domains if possible) to something really low so that DNS propagation doesn't take forever

- migrate all the domains using Plesk's extra-special-neato-whiz-bang-Migration-Manager

- make the new server the primary DNS server for the recently-moved domains

- shut off all email services on the old server, so that email will be forced to go to the new server

I'm trying to minimize out-of-sync info across the servers for things like forums, gallery posts, etc, where someone may post to the site, but it happens before DNS propagation switches to the new server, and the postings reside on the old domain, and don't make it to the brand new server.

Ideally, I'd like this to be as transparent as possible for the end-users, and so far, this is the only way I can think to do it. If anyone can chime in with a better process flow, I'm all ears. Thanks.
 
Back
Top