• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

net.exe, timemng, hundres of processes

C

cosnet

Hi all,

I have a problem with Plesk7/SP2 windows 2003 Server

The server keeps replicating the processes net.exe , net1.exe and timemng.exe hundreds of times.

The plesk scheduler service has also stopped working.

I thought maybe the two were inter-related. Has anyone experining the same problem?

any help appreciated. rebotting the server is really not a frequently viable option.

I see the spawning too, but no apparent issues with the scheduler

I managed to track it down to the time Synchronization service that is run by the plesk scheduler.

I disabled in through the plesk control panel.... no more replicated services..

We too had this problem. I disabled the time sync within plesk and used the windows options to sync the time.

LOL - an EV1 tech cited this issue as evidence that one of our Plesk boxes was infected with a virus and that I would require a restore after they couldn't figure out how to fix a broken install. :rolleyes:

UFB is this software that crappy??

I jut had a run in with net1.exe;net.exe and timemng.exe running over 900 proccesses at the same time on my lovley windows web server...........!
Can I ask you what spawn of satan allowed this to happen?

The event log showed timemng.exe about 100 times with no explination, net1.exe and net.exe are legitimate windows files, why in gods name would plesk replicate them?
By killing net1.exe it killed each instance of net.exe and timemng.exe

I am very upset this software has holes in it like this, it's not like it free or anything, payed top dollar for this ****..

sad~

Hi,

Its caused by the Time synchronization service that Plesk uses.

Inside the scheduler manager in your server management, disable the task called

Time synchronization

I used the windows time service to manage my time.

To kill all the processes automatically, I used a program called process.exe, which I found on the web, which has a kill feature, rather than doing each one manually.

Run process.exe -k net1.exe and it kills all the net.exe, net1.exe and timemng.exe processes.

Good luck!

Appreciate the reply..but

Thanks, I have my own fix using a similar setup as yours, my actual point in between the ranting was that who, why and how do we fix it 100% This is just a work around to keep the system from crashing...

My plesk scheduler never worked, and I have two 2003 boxes running plesk 7.03 just out of the blue this started happening on one of them, the other seems to be un affected...

Thanks
If Plesk ever finds a solution for this it would be much appreciated.

Back