• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Network Address Translation

E

elong0003

I have to believe this has come up alot, but my searches return little information. Can we use NAT with Plesk for Windows?

Yes, you can use 1-to-1 NAT. So far, the only thing that I've noticed is the "preview" URL referring to the internal IP address (for obvious reasons).

How do i get dns provisioned with the public ip? In Hsphere (previous cp) there was an iptables file. Nothing in Please, nor does Plesk respond to support request or forum posts.

How do i get dns provisioned with the public ip? In Hsphere (previous cp) there was an iptables file. Nothing in Please, nor does Plesk respond to support request or forum posts.

Okay, so the forums are self-served. Parallels has a strict policy of not providing support on any of their forums. Its no surprise that Plesk support stinks. Parallels went on a buying frenzy and now their small support seems to be inundated with support requests. It isn't easy supporting a bunch of crappy software (e.g. Plesk Expand, ModernBill, etc.)...

On to your question, I'm assuming you're using a Firewall hardware, yes? If so, then your firewall translates all addresses and requests. For example, here is an example of my Cisco pix config:

static (inside,outside) 64.*.*.192 10.*.*.192 netmask 255.255.255.224 dns tcp 10000 1000 udp 10000

Yes, a hardware firewall (Juniper). That part is not the issue, it is getting Plesk to assign public ip's in dns, when the server has private ip's.

Plesk does what you tell it to do. If you assign the translated IP (e.g. 10.100.20.*), then it'll use that. Your appliance will do the translation meaning PUBLIC -> PRIVATE.

SSL Certs and NAT

So is it better to use NAT than IP Passthrough on my firewall device if I am going to be using SSL certs for some domains?

Back