• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

New 8.3 installation, Horde not working

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I just installed Plesk 8.3 on a new server but horde webmail is not working, i get a page not found when i try to open webmail. I checked IIS and i discovered that there is no horde webmail at all in IIS. I thought about creating it manually but i dont think this will resolve the issue.
I have tried repairing the installation and also tried re-configurator but webmail is still not created in IIS.

Anyone know how to fix this?

After running a series of repair, Webmail(Horde) was finally created in IIS but when i try to open webmail i get a SERVICE UNAVAILABLE error. Do anyone know what this error means and how to resolve it?

I have another issue here horde is not installed?
I cant find it in my controlpanel i had it a linux before and there it was default.
How can i install it?

default it is disabled at 8.3

hi,

it is not about IIS records or anything else. I am not sure why, but swsoft disabled horde by the default. You have to this. go your panel admin, then click your domain name go to mail and clieck preferences after that you have to enable webmail. Then you can access horde.

regards

>can it be used by another portb than 80?

do you mean webmail? If you would like to change port for webmail please go to IIS->websites->webmail and change port there.

similar problem with horde

if i click refresh several times, then sometimes parts of the webmail page are visible.
I can perform login, but then I do just see parts of the nav bar, right frame is not loading.
I tried repairing, setting plesk permissions,
deactived and reactivated webmail + horde, but no success.
installation was upgrade from (running) 8.2.

any ideas?PS: I just reseted logs in eventvwr, to see what is coming up.

Hi,

shoggy24:

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE is a common issue in IIS that means application pool crash.
Check system event log for errors from w3svc service

MzaNike:

Check horde log for errors.
Location of this log defined in horde conf:

%plesk_vhosts%\webmail\horde\config\conf.php
Look for $conf['log']['name']

Also try to increase memory_limit value in horde php.ini:
%plesk_vhosts%\webmail\horde\php.ini

Thanks for your reply-
- Nothing in the eventvwr
- horde log gives me just a success message for login
- memory increasing did not solve the problem

:-((

Horde not working aufter upgrade

I get the same error after upgrating. from 8.3.0 to 8.3.1 . I try then uninstall, reboot, and check if all was uninstalled, I deleted the files manuaelly, also the horde database in my-sql and the webmail from IIS.

Then I try new install but only the files was installed, no database, and no IIS-webmail side.

I tried to manuell create the webside in IIS but it did not work. Whats going on ? How can I fix this?

Hey guys after a day of messing around with this I found the fix...... (After clicking webmail in your iis websites listing) First make sure in your asp.net tab that 2.0... is selected then go back to your home directory and tell it to run in your default app pool. After that it started working for me after experiencing the "Service Unavailable" issue.

Now to try to figure out how / where to change the port that people can connect to instead of default 25. When I go into server-> mail and go to click the checkbox (Switch on message submission) like the plesk documentation shows it says (not supported by the mail server) any thoughts from anyone else?

Nevermind on the port switch, it disables sending mail in hordemail :( I have posted on another place to see if we can shed some light on this as well.

@aumudin

The ASP hint was a good one,
but i see a that it is pointing to C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\web.config which is not in the directory specified!?
What are your entries?!

I did now also see an error in the plesk eventlog:
anyone seen that before?

System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004020E): The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 501 Your domain does not seem to be valid. Could not find MX record for your domain.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters)
at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
at System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
at psabackup.CommonEnv.SendMail(String body, String from, String to, String subject, String eventSource)

Back