• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New bug/problem Plesk 10.X windows and linux

I

inxenio

Hello,

We have a new problem with plesk 10.x Linux and Windows versions when I change a suscriptor from a suscription (for example domain.com) to another suscriptor, and this suscription have mail accounts associated.

If you access to this account with the new suscriptor you cannot view the mail accounts under "Users" but yes under "Mail". The problem is for example that you cannot change the mail password.

If you access with old suscriptor, you cannot administrate domain.com, but you can access to [email protected] in "Users" menu tab.

The suscriptor change is not working well, do not change all neccesary data in database.

Regards!

I have forwarded your question to developers. I will update this thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Mail accounts are never listed under users for me, just under mail. To change the password you just click on the email address under mail and enter a new password. Works fine for me even after changing subscription settings.

In our case, with original reseller account i can see mail account under "Users" with profile "Mail User" and under "Mail" tabs.

We cannot change password clicking "Mail" > mail account name. I can read a message that says that i can change mailbox name and password, bur I only can change mail name and disk quota for this account. After this I can view a blank field called "Assigned to". It seems that is asigned to nobody. Change password option is not visible nor user customer account nor using admin account.

"Mail user" profile is neither present on "Users" > "Profiles".

The option commented by Jon L is the more logic option but i cant view it. Perhaps the problem is the assigment of this account.

Mail account is owned by a customer account. Customer account is owned by admin account. I think that it could be a permission misconfigured or the owner assigment but i have checked all settings and it seems that is well configured.

EDIT: I have attached a capture.

Attachments

• snap.png
    snap.png
    35 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
I have solved it. Igor, perhaps Plesk developers must take a look to this. The problem is that when you use migration manager or update from old plesk (9.5 in our case).

Plesk upgrader create one user for every mail account, but if you change the suscriptor this is not inheriting the users. And the problem... if one mail account have an user associated cannot change password.

Solution: use old account to list the users and delete them (users ... NOT mail accounts). When you delete the users you can change the mailboxes password.

I think this is a bug on Plesk migration manager.

One problem less, yes! ;-)

This is a definite bug... in furtherance of this issue I have noticed that on the mail tab for a given account it lists all the email addresses. and it shows another column with the 'user' I have account for say [email protected], and Plesk 10.1 is saying that it belongs to a 'user' with the name '[email protected]'. But when you click on the username to make changes to the 'user' you get the following message at the top of the page:

Error: The user account was not found. This could happen if the user account was removed by someone else while you were changing its settings.

So it appears that when converting from 9.5.x to 10 these users were created, however, they must be missing in some other table. I'm sure that this is tied to the password change issues etc...

I'm just glad that my customers haven't found out yet. At least the email is working and they can get their mail (as long as they don't forget their password that is :)

I have the same issue, now PLESK 10 have some age, should be fixed this long time ago :-(

Try to use following workaround:

UPDATE smb_users SET ownerId=(SELECT id FROM clients WHERE pname='sdfsd') WHERE ownerId=(SELECT id FROM clients WHERE pname='client');

where: sdfsd - original user, client - new user

It is SQL query but no shell command. You should use it in mysql but not in unix command line interface.

Try to use following workaround:

where: sdfsd - original user, client - new user

Thanks for the suggestion but it makes no sense. What specifically does original user and new user refer to? When I look for possible users in the smb_users and clients tables there is only one that seems to match the owner of this domain.

this problem still exists...and am at verison 10.1.1 on windows

the only way that a pasword can be changed is if the user mailbox is assigned to Nobody....

is there a fix for this? I tried the SQL command and it doesnt work

We also have this same problem after upgarding from 9.5.4 -> 10.1.1 - there is no option to change an email address password.

Hosting Controller is looking like a good option now @ $99 unlimited license. The pain of migration is probably worth it.

Thanks for the suggestion but it makes no sense. What specifically does original user and new user refer to?

Same here. What the heck is this SQL supposed to do and where do I obtain the values for "sdfsd" and "client"? Is "client" a static string? Is "sdfsd" supposed to be the problem email address(es)? While it might be simple enough to just plug random values in there - it would be best if I didn't screw up my Plesk installation any more than necessary.

My solution

Dear users,

I have encountered with the same problem: I migrated a domain from one subscriber to a new one, and then I couldn't access the users related to the email accounts.

My solution was: access the MySQL database with root privileges and execute the following sentences:

SELECT * FROM psa.smb_users s WHERE login LIKE '%@mydomain.com%' ORDER BY login ;

this will show you a list of all the users of the domain with the problem.

Then edit each row and modify the "roleId" and the "ownerId" with the new ones. How to get these new values?

In order to obtain the "ownerId" execute this sentence:

SELECT * FROM psa.clients c;

and get the Id of the current owner of the domain.

In order to obtain the "roleId" execute this sentence:

SELECT * FROM psa.smb_roles s;

and get the role of the current owner whose name is "Mail User"

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

alejo

I dug thru the databases on this and found this SQL to work perfectly to fix my password problems:
Code:
UPDATE smb_users SET ownerId=(SELECT id FROM clients WHERE login='example.com') WHERE email like '%example.com';

Replace "example.com" with the specific domain you're trying to fix. If your 10.x subscriptions are not tied to a single owner, you'll need to dig thru and tie the correct id from the clients table.

I dug thru the databases on this and found this SQL to work perfectly to fix my password problems:
Code:
UPDATE smb_users SET ownerId=(SELECT id FROM clients WHERE login='example.com') WHERE email like '%example.com';

Replace "example.com" with the specific domain you're trying to fix. If your 10.x subscriptions are not tied to a single owner, you'll need to dig thru and tie the correct id from the clients table.

This works perfectly, all email accounts now properly show up under their client and can have their password changed through Plesk.

It appears it really is just a matter of the ownerId column for the email accounts in the smb_users table being incorrectly set. This happened for us only for clients who had more than one domain, and only when those domains were migrated separately (i.e. each domain in a different migration).

Back