• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue new domain not possible

dicker

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.50 Update #1
Hello, I have a problem registering a new domain
Create physical hosting
phpinimng failed: configuration test '['/opt/plesk/php/8.1/sbin/php-fpm', '--test']' failed with code 78, and message:
[14-Feb-2023 15:50:53] ERROR: [pool customerdomain.tld] the prefix '/var/www/vhosts/system/customerdomain.tld' does not exist or is not a directory
[14-Feb-2023 15:50:53] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[14-Feb-2023 15:50:53] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

customerdomain.tld used to belong to a customer and was deleted by the customer. If I enter customerdomain.tld, I can add other domains.
If I remove customerdomain.tld, I cannot add any other domains either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are kundendomain.tld and customerdomain.tld the same and only a translation mistake in the post? Or do they mean different domains, e.g. customerdomain.tld being the subscription and kundendomain.tld a different add-on domain?

Unfortunately, that was a translation error. Must always be called customerdomain.tld.
Plesk searches for customerdomain.tld when creating a new domain. But they no longer exist on the server because the customer has deleted his domain kundendomain.tld. As I said, if I enter customerdomain.tld, I can also create other domains.

Unfortunately, that was a translation error. Must always be called customerdomain.tld.
Plesk searches for customerdomain.tld when creating a new domain. But they no longer exist on the server because the customer has deleted his domain kundendomain.tld. As I said, if I enter customerdomain.tld, I can also create other domains.
I've edited the original post. Correct so?

always customerdomain.tld
I can only add other domains if the customerdomain.tld is also entered in the system. Without customerdomain.tld I can't add other domains.

You can try to first run
# plesk repair db -y
Watch for inconsistencies in domains. Repair will normally fix most, but sometimes the situation is too complicated for the automatic repair tool.

When no errors remain, run
# plesk repair web
afterwards.

After running plesk repair db -y I can create normal domains again
plesk repair web
Unknown files:
/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/webmails/luhost.de_webmail.conf ......... [ERROR]
Do you want to delete the configuration file? [y/n]
What should I do? y or n? Plesk seems to give a message like this for every domain. /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/webmails/luhost.de_webmail.conf exists
I can't delete all webmail.conf files

It could be good to use "Web Configurations Trouble Shooter" from the Tools & Settings page. You could remove or reconfigure selected domains, e.g. filter the luhost domain first and try it with that one to recreate the configuration files if that works. Then reconfigure all marked with errors.

Back