• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

New emails accounts won't receive email through outlook

Mike_mti

New Pleskian
I'm having a problem with creating a new POP3 email account. I have a dedicated server with godaddy, use parallels plesk 10.4.4 Update #47 as an interface, and use horde webmail.

Once I create a new email account and put all the correct setting in Outlook 2003, it will no receive any emails. The account has a Horde webmail inbox and everything works there but I cannot get the emails to receive from Horde. All our other past accounts are working correctly with the outlook settings. However, any new account I create does not work correctly.

I talked to the online Godaddy rep and he said it was an issue with Outlook. However, I tried Mozilla Thunderbird and emails can be sent but not received. I have tried this on three different computers and it is the same result. I had verified all the settings are correct within outlook. I have also power cycled the server and the issue still remains.

Godaddy suggested it might be a Plesk issue. Isn't there any known issues as described above with Plesk?

-Mike

Last edited:
Check name of POP3 server and name of user
Also check security settings, for example I use autification setting: only password and I do not use SSL/TLS. Mail Enable doesn't support it (depends on it's version)

So I upgraded to Office 2007 and I am able to receive emails. However it takes a full minute of a send/receive process before the email appears in the inbox. It is like it is about to timeout and then works. Still not what I am looking for.

I have checked the POP3 name and everything, I've setup many emails accounts with these setting and its just recently had this issues. Could something like being still on Windows XP be affecting anything?

Last edited:
Back