• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New hosting Account creation problem

VasilisZ

New Pleskian
when i am trying to add a new domain I got the following error

Error: hosting update is failed: f2bmng failed: ERROR:f2bmng:Command '['/bin/rpm', '-qf', '--queryformat', '%{NAME}\\n', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.local']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Try to run command

# /bin/rpm -qf --queryformat %{NAME} /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf, /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf, /etc/fail2ban/jail.local

and post output here.

this is the output of the command:

error: file /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf,: No such file or directory
error: file /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf,: No such file or directory
file /etc/fail2ban/jail.local is not owned by any package

Αlthough at the at the Add/Remove Components the Fail2Ban component status it was green (installed) , I remove it and install it again.
After starting the Fail2Ban service at Tools & Settings / Services Management the problem that I have to enter a new domain disappeared.

After that when i run the /bin/rpm -qf --queryformat %{NAME} /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf, /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf, /etc/fail2ban/jail.local , I got the same output error :
file /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf,: No such file or directory

Hi VasilisZ,

After that when i run the /bin/rpm -qf --queryformat %{NAME} /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf, /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf, /etc/fail2ban/jail.local , I got the same output error :
file /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf,: No such file or directory

I would like to point out some tiny things, which you might have missed:

=> file /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf,: No such file or directory

As you can see, your command tries to look for a file "jail.conf,", which will not succeed, because the file is named "jail.conf". The "error" ( or rather the "result" ) is the expected message: No such file or directory

=> file /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf,: No such file or directory

As you can see, your command tries to look for a file "plesk.conf,", which will not succeed, because the file is named "plesk.conf". The "error" ( or rather the "result" ) is the expected message: No such file or directory

=> file /etc/fail2ban/jail.local is not owned by any package

As you can see, your command tries to look for a file "jail.local", which may not succeed, if the file is a symlink, created by a post-install-script, or when the file has been manually created on your server. The "error" ( or rather the "result" ) is the expected message: is not owned by any package

Back