• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Plesk for Linux installation fails due to package conflict

A

adsweet76

Hi everyone, I'm a Linux sysadmin, but a Plesk novice.

I am trying to install a first real installation, after a successful test install last week.

After downloading psa_installer_v3.2.1_build070914.16_os_FedoraCore_6_i386 and running it, I get to the stage where I choose the components to install, after doing so I get the following error:

Exchanging information with licensing server.
Retrieving information about the installed packages... done
Downloading the file PSA_8.2.1/thirdparty-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/thirdparty-8.2.1-fc6-i386.hdr.gz: 100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.2.1/update-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/update-8.2.1-fc6-i386.hdr.gz: 21%..34%..40%..54%..61%..70%..87%..96%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.2.1/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/build-8.2.1-fc6-i386.hdr.gz: 25%..61%..100% done.
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-8.2.1-fc6.build82070918.10.i586" package.

The following could cause the installation failure:
Packages "bind-libs-31:9.3.4-7.P1.fc6.i386" and "bind-libs-31:9.3.4-8.P1.fc6.i386" cannot be installed at the same time
because of the conflict on the file "/usr/lib/libbind.so.4"

Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

And I don't know what to do now. I can't contact technical support because I haven't paid for it and I can't pay for it until I know it works.

Any suggestions? I'm not really sure what to do about fixing it or contacting SWSoft. This is a straightforward package conflict in the repository, I don't know why the installer is insisting on trying to install a package when there is an updated package available.

At this point I have emailed SWsoft sales in the UK with some licensing questions as well as highlighting the fact that the FC6 installer does not work due to a package conflict and I asked them who I should contract with this issue. I have received no response 4 days later.

This matches my previous experience of emailing UK sales several months ago. On that occasion they didn't respond at all and I suspect this will happen again.

Time to trial a different product I think :(

Does that mean that the installer is trying to install two different versions, or that you already have one that is conflicting with another?

The options for #2 above are easy - to remove original bind installation and use theirs instead.

If it is in fact #1, then you got another problem. I think that they give you some limited support on installation even if you havent purchased anything.

I always get a response from support within 2-4 hours, and I have sent accross dozens over the years for all the servers we have.

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem.
lib-bind package was installed with the fedora 7 installation.
I have uninstalled the pack using the package manager in gnome.
Rest of the setup went smoothly.

Back