• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

New Release Soon?

S

ScottT

Hello, We have not seen a new version of Sitebuilder since 10-Sep-2008, which seems rather odd. My license will be expiring soon and am wondering if it is worth renewing. Is there a new release scheduled soon? Or will Parallels discontinue this product? Thank you.

I have forwarded your questions to development team. I will update this thread with their answer as soon as I receive it.

We all have been waiting too long for a new release of Sitebuilder.
SwSoft/Parallels had a good product. Parallels lack of updates to Sitebuilder has me definitely wondering why I
even purchased the SUS for the product. Over 2 years have passed without any updates, upgrades, or even a version change. A lot of our cusomers have all gone to other companies because of lack of functionality of Sitebuilder.
Parallels must understand that we deal with users from common everyday internet users that want to create simple, and easy web sites to users that are expert web designers. The majority of our customer base is the everyday internet user with little or no experience in coding.
The lack of upgrades and revisions to Sitebuilder has seriously effected our consumer base.

Since there is very little activity on these forums from users asking for an upgrade I'm assuming that Parallels is going to make Sitebuilder a thing of the past and possibly do an end-of-life to the product...

Is Sitebuilder Being End-Of-Life????

There has been no significant release, update, upgrade since version 4.5 was released in Sept, 2008.

We're now in 2010. For a company to just stop updates, releases, etc for a software package for this long leads
me to believe that Parallels has no concern for this product anymore and may possibly make the product end-of-life.

I did hear that possibly a new release was going to be announced during the Parallels Miamia, Florida Summit but that was only hearsay. I was told many times that the software engineers were working on a new version and was led to beleive by my sales person that a new version would be released but no date for the release.

I'm very concerned because I have an SUS n Sitebuilder that is going to expire sometime this year. If the product is going to be EOL I sure don't want to pour any more money into this product and I'll look elsewhere for something else to take its place.

Parallels Summit... March 13th release date???

Does anyone know why v9.5 Plesk CP and v5 SB has not been released as what was said in the Parallels Miami Summit?
In the video #11 on 'Making more money with Parallels' they state that March 13th will be the release date of the new Plesk CP version 9.5 and Sitebuilder v5. Its not there on Parallels downloads and its now March 13th...

May I ask how soon ?? Its 26 March and still no signs of new sitebuilder 5.0 . Please tell us an exact day.

Confusing Versions

According to the Sitebuilder Control Panel, I have SiteBuilder 4.5 for Windows (4.5.5 build090203.221). This is the latest release available in Autoupdate. Release notes give Issue date: 2009-02-04.

According to Parallels.com website at http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/sitebuilder/, the latest distribution is Version 4.5.7 published 5-June-2009. Why is this not available in Autoupdate?

When I view the release notes for Version 4.5.7, they say this is Sitebuilder 4.5 build 080902.182. Why do the release notes not say 4.5.7? When I attempt to download Version 4.5.7, the filename is sitebuilder-4.5.0_build080902.182_winx86.exe. Why is the filename version not 4.5.7?

So, what is the latest version of Sitebuilder and how do I get it?

Back