• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk license renewal - help

tonyolm

Basic Pleskian
For years we have one license that has been on two servers. It's been this way since the beginning. Years. We have multiple servers but these two have this one license.

We have been moving domains from these old servers to new plesk servers. We have been doing this for the last 3+ months.

I got to get this up ASAP for plesk because we scheduled to move more domains over the weekend. How can I get a license for an older plesk? I'll pay for it but I don't believe you can just get a plesk 9.5.4 where we get the plesk obsidian licenses.

plesk 9.5.4

"Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Parallels Plesk Panel, please obtain and install a new functioning license key.
Your license key has expired. To continue using your Parallels Plesk Panel you must purchase a non-expiring commercial license key."

The current Plesk license cannot be used with the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx IP address because the license is bound to another IP. This may happen if the license is used on multiple servers, which goes against Plesk End-User License Agreement: Legal. If you use the license on multiple servers, you need to buy a separate license (Plesk Pricing) for each server. If you have questions regarding this issue, contact our Licensing and Purchase team: Licensing and Purchase support

I called plesk at 855-777-3680 and left a message earlier today and later in the afternoon. Haven't received a call back yet.

If the current host is still online you would need to remove the license from it before it could be used on another server. If you have multiple licenses already, why not drain all the domains from one of the hosts to another so you could use that host's license?

As for buying additional licenses, don't think the current license works for 9.x and I don't know of any alternatives other then to request a trial license if you haven't already to finish the moves. Maybe someone from the staff could give you a better answer.

It all worked out in the end.

Some of the domains on the very old servers are very custom. They don't work just by ftping them down and ftping them back up.

Today we had one client finally adjust their PHP code so that their site runs well under plesk 18. The license on that server will be moved to the server in question.

As always, at least for us, Plesk's tech support is excellent. We took the active key that was running on the vintage server and it's been upgraded to work on the server we need it for. Good service.

T

Back