• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New root user for backup

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Hello fellas, what is wrong with this command

Code:
adduser -ou 0 -g 0 /var/lib/psa/dumps bkpuser

i would like to crate a new user with root privileges and only acessible into this path "/var/lib/psa/dumps"

thanks

ok, i got it.

so how group user should i use to have privileges to access that path and move files trough ftp ftps ?

Hi hardbrasil,

pls. don't make it more complicated than it probably is.... just tell us, WHAT your goal is, so that someone can suggest a work-around for it. ;)

would like to crate a new user with privileges and only acessible into this path "/var/lib/psa/dumps"

Hi hardbrasil,

well, you might have already noticed, that files INSIDE the folder "/var/lib/psa/dumps" are owned by root : root , which conflicts with your desire to create a new user with the same priviliges, who should be chrooted to that folder only, so basically the answer to "Is that possible" is "no".

If you desire to "move files trough ftp ftps" regulary from the folder "/var/lib/psa/dumps", consider to use crontabs for the root - user. ;)

Back