• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

NEW since update /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats

Silver Pleskian
After yesterday's panel update another watchdog bug! I am assuming the update was to fix but ended up breaking it again. Will the last patch still work?

Meantime this is the new cron email:

/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `"The file {$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']} is part of Plesk 9 distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk 9 environment.\n"'
/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats: line 2: ` ***die("The file {$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']} is part of Plesk 9 distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk 9 environment.\n");'

Last edited:
Could you please provide me more details if possible:

- OS exact version,
- Autoinstaller exact version (which was used for the upgrade).

Gentlemen,

Could you post here output from the following commands (run it as user root from console):

uname -a

cat /usr/local/psa/version

cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml

This info will help us to solve the issue.

Gentlemen,

Could you post here output from the following commands (run it as user root from console):

uname -a

cat /usr/local/psa/version

cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml

This info will help us to solve the issue.

openSUSE 11.1
Plesk 9.5.4
latest plesk updater (can say tonight)

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same error.

Before the micro-update, the manual fix (http://kb.odin.com/en/9554) worked well.

But since the micro-update (don't understand why it is different from the manual fix), this error happen all night.

version: Plesk 9.5.4 (latest plesk update)
CentOs 5.5

Solution

Hi all,

Parallels missed in some files of the Microupdate the shebang line, which holds the interpreter to run the script with.

In the meantime they fixed the microupdates (at least for Plesk 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 on CentOS I tested it) and running the autoinstaller patches the patch.

Run the autoinstaller from shell like (for plesk 9.5.3):

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-id PLESK_9_5_3 --upgrade-installed-components

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha. Just got a reply from Parallels Support. They tell me:

We have not yet received any issues with corruption in patch for watchdog issues.
It seems that the patch got tampered during download or applying the patch.

What do they think, that we are idiots?

No. It can be junior supporter.

Igor, I wish I could believe this. The support ticket to this issue was opened 27 hours before I received this as the one and only answer. Following our support level and the severity, we SHOULD have had an aswer after 4 hours.

I have seriously no idea what is going on at Parallels, but the support seems to go down the drain.

From our last set of support request we never got a solution, only a vague "well known problem, will be solved in future version". All of them are not solved until now? No idea, because we don't get any real feedback.

Sorry about my mood and I appreciate your fast response. I hope you can understand me.

i get the same error, since the previous update... and i have the same os/plesk versions.

CPU AuthenticAMD, Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2347 HE
Version Parallels Plesk Panel v9.5.4_build95101209.05 os_SuSE 11.1
OS Linux 2.6.18-028stab070.5

but, what i cant understand is the release-column in the update-view, its ever 9.12.2010.. is that a new or the old version?

@Igor I've been having the same problem, my output from the commands is below:

Linux 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 07:32:21 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

10.0.1 CentOS 5 109101029.18

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="10.0.1">
<patch version="3" timestamp="" />
</product>
</patches>

still errors!!!

after running:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-id PLESK_9_5_4 --upgrade-installed-components
at 01:30 AM / 15. jan 2010 (Plesk 9.5.4, Debian 5) following error came back:

/opt/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats day
ERROR: WDExc
Error occurred while processing database query: 'MySQL query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group by service_id, type, round(unix_timestamp(time) / 200, 0) having count(val' at line 3'

0: wdlib.php:1088
wd__db_query(string 'select service_id, type, unix_timestamp(min(time)) as min_time, unix_timestamp(max(time)) as max_time, avg(value) as avg
from module_watchdog_sys_stat where
group by service_id, type, round(unix_timestamp(time) / 200, 0) having count(value) > 1 limit 10000;')
1: pack-sysstats:63
pack_statistics(integer '200', boolean false, boolean false)
2: pack-sysstats:44

:( :( :(

Linux ******* 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Nov 25 01:53:57 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
9.5.4 Debian 5.0 95101209.08
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="9.5.4">
<patch version="2" timestamp="" />
</product>
</patches>

Yes agree!

Second update to fix this and now this new error:

ERROR: WDExc
Error occurred while processing database query: 'MySQL query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group by service_id, type, round(unix_timestamp(time) / 200, 0) having count(val' at line 3'

0: wdlib.php:1088
wd__db_query(string 'select service_id, type, unix_timestamp(min(time)) as min_time, unix_timestamp(max(time)) as max_time, avg(value) as avg
from module_watchdog_sys_stat where
group by service_id, type, round(unix_timestamp(time) / 200, 0) having count(value) > 1 limit 10000;')
1: pack-sysstats:63
pack_statistics(integer '200', boolean false, boolean false)
2: pack-sysstats:44

Back