• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New vars for php.ini into customer access

vincenzo.t

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

how Can I add more vars to edit directly by customers?

I want add the possibility to edit the "max_input_vars" and "default_charset" many customer open many ticket for edit this value in their website.

There is any possibility perform this operation?

Regards

Your customers just have to add them into the Additional directives field! (This should be under the PHP Settings for every vhost)

Your customers just have to add them into the Additional directives field! (This should be under the PHP Settings for every vhost)

Hello,

I'm sorry but where is this fields? I not see it into customer access, I see it only into admin interfaces. Can you give me an screen please?

Regards

Depending on the permissions you give to your clients, they can specify or just view the unique PHP configuration for there websites. Custom PHP configuration might be useful when you want to limit the system resources consumption by PHP scripts or meet the requirements of a certain web app. When you set a parameter to Default value, PHP will use the parameter's value from the server-wide PHP configuration. Please see the attachment for where to set it ...

You navigate to Websites -> PHP Settings (You will need to expand the domain panel)

php-settings.png

Hello,

can you also the screen of user permission? I see the box of "additional directives" only into admin access, if I access from user access, I not see this box.

I go into Website > Website Scripting and Security > PHP Settings

The user can edit all fields from memory_limit to magic_quotes_gpc (I not see this value on your screen), but after "magic_quotes_gpc " I not have any "additional directives".

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards

I have not tested it throughly, however I think you can predefine it for every host by navigating to:

Tools & Settings -> Panel -> Custom View Settings

If you like to enable it to the entire server, then you can set it via /etc/php.ini

Hello,

the problem is another, via ADMIN interface I can manage the box of additional fields, the problem is that the customer can't manage it, you have try to access in your plesk with user/pass of your customer? Do you see the "additional fields" box?

Regards

Hi vincenzo.t,

Confirm, "Additional directives" are available for admin only.
Thanks for sharing this, we will consider option to make "max_input_vars" and "default_charset" editable by customer.

Alexey, you can't actually make "Additional directives" available to customers!! That would be like opening up the entire php.ini file to them! I suggest instead you give the admin an option to define which variables should be added to the list the customer can see and edit accordingly!

Alexey, you can't actually make "Additional directives" available to customers!! That would be like opening up the entire php.ini file to them! I suggest instead you give the admin an option to define which variables should be added to the list the customer can see and edit accordingly!

I quote. I think that is better to permit to the ADMIN to choise what variable the customer can editable or permit at the admin to insert other options different from default.

Do you think that is possible to implement this thing into next MU of plesk 11.0.9 (and also into 11.5)?

Regards

abdi, vincenzo.t

Let me rephrase this a bit:
1) Additional directives in PHP settings will remain as is - editable only by Admin
2) We could ADD two more PHP variables on PHP settings page: "max_input_vars" and "default_charset"

abdi, vincenzo.t

Let me rephrase this a bit:
1) Additional directives in PHP settings will remain as is - editable only by Admin
2) We could ADD two more PHP variables on PHP settings page: "max_input_vars" and "default_charset"

Into next MU is possible to edit this thing? Or can youa dd an function that permit to admin to ADD more php value for customers?

Regards

Back