• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Nextcloud gives 503 error after Plesk-PHP Upgrade to 7.3.20

maybeageek

New Pleskian
User name: maybeageek

TITLE

Nextcloud gives 503 error after Plesk-PHP Upgrade to 7.3.20

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Onyx 17.8.11, Ubuntu 16.04, x86-64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

After Plesk installed the update to Plesk-PHP 7.3.20, Nextcloud login is not possible anymore. Instead, a 503 Error message is given.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Go to login page, enter username/password, see error message.

ACTUAL RESULT

Error Message 503

EXPECTED RESULT

Logged in Nextcloud

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

There are multiple threads in the nextcloud forum. People with different Linux Distributions (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu) are having this problem.

I had this nextcloud instance for years and it always worked fine.
This problem only started after the recent PHP Update.

Some people reported that it works when switching to PHP 7.4, but this is not possible with Onyx and Ubuntu 16.04. And I can't go up to Obsidian because my Hoster does not include this license.

Example threads:
After loginscreen a 503

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Hi

I have ubuntu 16.04 with Plesk obsidian 18.0.28 just after the latest (automatic) update
Nextcloud (15) running on PHP 7.3 was broken.
A downgrade to PHP7.1 solved the problem.

the errors were
nextcloud
" 503 ## Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

php error_log:
[Tue Jul 21 19:37:15.797037 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1526:tid 140627782113024] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:40684] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header

Regards,
Jan

For what it's worth, I'm observing the same symptoms with phpBB forum login on plesk php fpm 7.3.20 and 7.2.32. Downgrading to 7.1.32 resolved the issue in the Apache error log. AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header. I wish I would have found this before I spent hours failing to fix with a fresh phpbb install.

Argon2 usage in PHP 7.2 and 7.3 no longer causes errors in PHP applications (for example, 503 HTTP errors during attempts to log in to TYPO3 and Nextcloud). (PPP-49780)

We're seeing the exact same behaviour when using Redis with Joomla. The 7.3.19 to 7.3.20 update results in the exact same temporarily unavailable message the others are experiencing. Switching down to 7.1 or disabling Redis negates the error. The Argon fix above hasn't resolved the problem in this case.

Back