• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue NFS mount out of domain

frogger

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have 2 servers with plesk. I need to mount a folder from one server via NFS into a folder on the other server. This works perfect in general. Now there is the need of sharing a folder in this way which is located in /var/www/vhost/nameofhost.domain.tld/xxx/myfolder. myfolder is shared via /etc/fstab and has the rights of 777. As soon as I try to mount that folder on the remote server, I get this message:

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting

I also tried to mount myfolder at a location inside the domain itself: /var/www/vhost/nameofhost.domain.tld/test and i get the same result. I tried to mount a folder that is not located in the domain e.g. /home/testuser/mountfolder . This works well with NFS, I can easily mount that folder on the remote server.

Since myfolder has the rights 777 I assume the restriction here comes from Plesk but I can't figure out, what is the matter and how to overcome it.
Can you help me with that?

Best,
frogger

Back