• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Nginx config for WordPress rewrite rules

Gabor H

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

How to configure Nginx, to make it work properly with WordPress rewrite rules correctly?

I've this in a domain's additional nginx directives:

if (!-e $request_filename) { rewrite ^.*$ /index.php last; }

But sometimes nginx struggling with the rewrite rules, I guess, because some pages are broken.
Pls help me to find the best nginx config for rewrite.

G.

Hi Gabor H,

Wordpress itself offers a guide with some standard configurations: => https://codex.wordpress.org/Nginx
Pls. note, that almost all issues with "broken" links are based on the fact, that when you use apache2 AND nginx, unique ".htaccess" - definitions are not correctly converted into nginx directives. Often enough, additional plugins require rewrites which are automatically added into the ".htaccess" - files, but the webmaster forgot that he/she uses niginx as well and the needed nginx directive is missing. :(

Plesk offers as well a wonderfull tool called "htaccess to nginx" - converter. You find this extension at the "Extension catalog" ( "Home > Extensions Management > Extensions Catalog" ), or at => htaccess to nginx at ext.plesk.com

Hi UFHH01,

Thanks for your reply.
I've finally sorted out the issues.

But, some broken pages are still exist.
Which is unfortunately an off-topic related issue.
A WP theme cookie(s) has long, or longer than needed validation time.
(some pages only loading in right order, when browser's cache+cookie deleted)

Is there any solution maybe, or do you know a solution maybe to control cookies invalidation via
Nginx?

Regards,
Gabor

Hi Gabor H,

Wordpress itself offers a guide with some standard configurations: => https://codex.wordpress.org/Nginx
Pls. note, that almost all issues with "broken" links are based on the fact, that when you use apache2 AND nginx, unique ".htaccess" - definitions are not correctly converted into nginx directives. Often enough, additional plugins require rewrites which are automatically added into the ".htaccess" - files, but the webmaster forgot that he/she uses niginx as well and the needed nginx directive is missing. :(

Plesk offers as well a wonderfull tool called "htaccess to nginx" - converter. You find this extension at the "Extension catalog" ( "Home > Extensions Management > Extensions Catalog" ), or at => htaccess to nginx at ext.plesk.com

This one below works best for me with nginx. Put it in Apache & nginx Settings -- Additional nginx directives

if (!-e $request_filename){
rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break;
}

Back