1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

No access on port 8443

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by axiom82, Oct 20, 2008.

1. axiom82

axiom82 Guest

I followed the plesk 8.6 installer on my dedicated Linux box. I installed the full version of all packages available just to be sure it would work. After installation, I visited my server ip address and a Plesk screen came up saying "You see this page because there is no Web site at this address." This is expected but when I visit https:ip-address:8443 I get a page load error. Something is not configured properly for port 8443. What are the possible solutions to this problem given that I have a fresh installation of Plesk 8.6.

Is there a way to test port 8443? I wish I knew more about Linux. Please help.

Thank you.

2. axiom82

axiom82 Guest

Okay I feel dumb. I had to add a firewall exception for TCP on port 8443 as NEW and then rebooted.