• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No Button for DNS Management for Domain Aliases

S

Seashore-LTD

After Upgrading to 8.1 there is no way to manage the dns entries for Domain Aliases, because the Button isn't there :eek:

Any idea SWSoft??

Many other Bugs, the update was a bad idea...:mad:

Quote help page:

When you set up a domain alias, resource records in its DNS zone are copied from the original domain name. This means that if your original domain points to an external mail server, your domain alias will point to that mail server too. However, to accept mail for the domain alias, the external mail server should be configured accordingly.

Fine, but isn't ok.
But i don't talk about MX records, its a generally problem (Bug)
We don't want the same records on the Domain Aliases, and we haven't this in 8.01.

e.g.

Master Domain has an A entry for "files.domain.com" that point to "80.80.80.80"

for the Domain Alias we need a A entry "files.domainalias.com" that point to another server like "80.80.80.81

So plesk restrict us and our configuration with such Bugs.
All our DNS setting for Doamin Aliases are after the Update changed to these from the Master Domain :mad:

In V 8.01 we're able to manage the entries for Domain Aliases, now in V 8.1 plesk is no option (button) to to this and all customized entries are changed after upgrading.

When you set up a domain alias, resource records in its DNS zone are copied from the original domain name
Not true!
For example,it automatically adds ns1.domalias.com and ns2.domalias.com instead of copying it from the 'maindomain' which says ns1.nameserver.com and ns2.nameserver.com

It takes the NS entries from the default DNS Template, there isn't a way to edit a template for the aliases in the control panel.
Unfortunately you have to edit the records for Doamin Aliases manually, but i'm not sure that plesk not change it after a reboot.

After the Update, plesk changed all our entries for Domain Aliases, so we have to rewrite all manually :mad:

Plesk sucks more and more

Same Problem after the Last Update from the Major Update 8.1

Master Domain "masterdomain.tld" with:

ns1.domain.tld A and NS Records
ns2.domain.tld A and NS Records
domain.tld -> MXhost.domain.tld MX Record (outside from plesk server)
MXhost.domain.tld -> 123.123.123.123 A
and others

Domain alias "alias.tld"

ns1.domain.tld NS Records
ns2.domain.tld NS Records
alias.tld -> MXhost.domain.tld MX Record
and others

After the Update the ns records from "alias.tld" overridden to!

ns1.alias.tld A and NS Record
ns2.alias.tld A and NS Record
alias.tld -> MXhost.alias.tld MX Record
MXhost.alias.tld -> 123.123.123.123 A
and others

Also many not needed an not wanted ns records wrapped from Masterdomain (e.g. spezial Host from Network like "router01.domain.tld" to "router01.alias.tld")

Nothing solved only another manually operation in all records for domain aliases needed and again no Button to manage the records from Plesk like V8.01

Please SWSoft, stop overwrite my records

Also the spam and ads hassle isn't solved :mad:

And swsoft don't advertise this change in changelogs

If swsoft don't want that I can't manage DNS to domain alias, please don't add a button in previous releases.

When Swsoft gives the chance to admin DNS records in domain alias, is to leave that function for many releases or advise about this change. SwSoft, if you will making changes at your consideration whitout consider your clients (ours), please null the anual cost of licences. A product like PSA 8.1 should be free when the author change it at their consideration.

Get back DNS records edit to domain alias or I'will search for another Panel. This means "no more money to swsoft every year"

I guess they removed the feature because otherwise you can use the alias feature to circumvent the domain limitation on your license. If you need a domain with records differing from another domain you'll just have to create a new regular domain.

That's really cheeky, my clients don't want a new hosting.
I don't see, why i've to setup a domain forwarding when the website is same only with different dns records for outside hosts.

It's also a shame to give us a feature only to remove it in the next update, so we've troubles with our clients.

What they are thinking?
I've to go to my clients and tell they "Sorry, now you must pay much more, because your 5 alias domains are now hosted domains..."

SWSoft spend more time to implement Spam and Advertising instead they take care that we clients are satisfied.

Well... If swsoft is decided to force me the use of regular domains to simple domain alias where I'dont require www, mail services in ip's plesk, good for they... Then I'll change to another panel with better ideas.

Please swsoft, if you like to retain me as client, help me in my bussines... or enable DNS management to domain alias or sell me ilimited domain licence for the same price of 100 domains.

The most important... When and where swsoft announce the disable of dns management function to domain alias.

The most important... When and where swsoft announce the disable of dns management function to domain alias.

I've never heard any word about this, I've updated from 8.01 to 8.1 and I've only noticed due to the fact that (outside) hosts wasn't reachable after the update.

In the meantime I've big troubles with my clients, they don't want a domain forwarding, they want theirs aliases back.

Thanks SWSoft :mad:

could be worse.. my aliases just completely stopped working....

Good to see that I'm not the only one who's bugged by this problem. I have the same problems. I upgraded my personal server to 8.1 and DNS management was lost for the aliases.

On the second server I still run the older Plesk version with DNS management for the aliases.

Unfortunately there is nobody by SWSoft who cares this problem :(

I've written to sales, to support.. no response...

Same problem with domain aliases

I have the same issue with upgrading to Plesk 8.1 from 8.0 and now have a de-featured product.

I built an entire architecture for my Internet Service around the fact that I could create a domain in Plesk that is really a sub-domain off my service and then add a domain alias if the customer purchased their own TLD.

Now it doesn't work at all and I have 100s of customers p'd off.

On top of that, I have an UNLIMITED Plesk license !!!! So for me it shouldn't have anything to do with licensing.

Very disappointed customer. I should have been warned about this prior to the upgrade occuring.

Mike Kabot
President - SOAR
www.soarol.com

Here's another reason why you don't always want the exact same DNS entries with your aliases. Here's how I was setup with Plesk 8.0:

- Main domain has a TXT record with an SPF entry - Sender Policy Framework, see http://www.openspf.org/ - defining the authorized mail senders.

- Aliases have a TXT record with SPF entry "v=spf1 -all", meaning that no mail is sent from these domains. Avoids forgeries in SPAM.

With Plesk 8.1, this is mo more possible. SW Soft, please roll this update back!

SWSoft needs to address this very serious issue. At least make domain alias DNS records the same as the master domain. Having them fall back to the default is just crazy.

Has anyone found a work-around that wont disappear after a reboot?

What is now the current state? Are there some expectations for us?
My next weekend is for work now. Thanks.

You bumped a really old topic about Plesk 8 - I sure hope you’re not still running that old version.....

Of course not. Running version:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #46

But it still bother me.

The "issue" can be solved, by some tricks - but i don't think that setting up to domains on the same path would be nice.

Back