• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No migration possible anymore from a certain server

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
One of my 4 Plesk 17 servers can't get its subscriptions transferred anymore.

I tried to migrate a domain from another Plesk 17 server and am able to select the subscription from a list, but after I press the button "Migrate" and it does some fetching from the source server I'm getting the error:

Code:
Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
Cause: 'int' object has no attribute 'isdigit
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

To find out if the problem is with the source server or target, I tried to do the same migration from another server and that one gives me the same error.
I have already migrated many domains from that server in the last month. I have no idea why it's now doing this strange.

Last edited:
It was identified that your Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers. In this case you need to ask for support from your license provider first. Plesk Partners (Resellers) are fully trained by Plesk and deliver best-in-the-industry support for Plesk products running on their infrastructure.

This means "No Support" to me.
The reseller/license provider has a great platform that works quite good.
But their technical support is ****. When asked a question it will take days before you get an answer. That answer almost always has nothing to do with my question.
It will take too much energy to get support from them.

I can provide a license key for another server. That one is bought directly from you.
But I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.

So now I'm left in the cold?
It was working fine 2 weeks ago.

[EDIT]
I just clicked the link you provided.
It is something else than the support I tried to get just before.
But I prefer to have this fixed, because I want a customized migration.
Maybe as a last resort I can make use of that service.

Last edited:
Also, if you provide me ssh access(root) to source and target servers(in private conversation) I`ll try to resolve the problem.

mr-wolf,

Please fill out this very form https://www.plesk.com/professional-services/free-migration/- it does not require customer to enter any license IDs and leads to Migrator Development. Once you fill out and send the form, there is an incident opened for you with Plesk Migrator development and you can securely submit server access info in there. When done, please update here what is resulting ticket ID and then we will be glad to help.

it would be really handy to have an answer on this we can all use? seen this 3 times in the last week on different servers

Hello!
The fix of issue reported by mr-wolf will be published in the coming week, issue number is PMT-3621

Alina Dmi's support at the time was great and she offered me a good working workaround which enabled me to migrate all the domains from that server to a new one.
This bug would not have happpened if I didn't replace the perl installation 4 years ago.
I need to replace the Perl installation to a multi-threaded version compiled from source because I was running an SMTP proxy (ASSP) to stop spam.

On later installations I installed perl into the local directory to prevent any clashes with Plesk using Perl in /usr/bin

Somehow Plesk had an update a while ago which broke the migration process when used with a different Perl.
I'm glad to hear that this now has been fixed.

Back