• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No Quota is shown in Roundcube

HobdaBI

New Pleskian
Hello,

after an Update from Plesk 12.X to Onyx 17.0.17 in Roundcube Webmail there aren't shown any Quota usage anymore. It's always zero or unknown.
(screenshot attached).

On a second system i could reproduce the Problem. In Onyx self i see under Mail the correct usage.

Does somebody have had an idea, how to fix it?

OS is: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 - 64

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• webmail.PNG
    webmail.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 17
Usually there is 0% is you have unlimited mailbox size in subscription settings. Have you checked it?

Yes Igor, i did.
The Mailboxlimit is set to 500 MB.
In the Panel it is shown correctly.
I attached some other screenshot

Attachments

• webmail2.PNG
    webmail2.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 11
When you rest the mouse pointer on top of the quota pie icon in Roundcube for a few seconds, a small "title"-pop-up should display the quota calculation in numbers. What does that say?

I have tested this with Dovecot and Courier IMAP, in both cases I cannot reproduce the issue. However, it seems to be a frequent issue with the combination Dovecot/Roundcube outside Plesk, too.

Suggested next steps:

1) Check whether this segment is included in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:
Code:
# Enable Maildir++ quota support.
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins quota

plugin {
  # Take quota limits from maildirsize file. If it doesn't exist, don't enforce.
  quota = maildir:User quota
  # LDA/LMTP allows saving the last mail to bring user from under quota to
  # over quota, if the quota doesn't grow too high. Default is to allow as
  # long as quota will stay under 10% above the limit. Also allowed e.g. 10M.
  # 0 doesn't allow going over quota (compatibility with Courier-IMAP behavior).
  quota_grace = 0
}

2) Verify that no other "quota" statements appear in any additional Dovecot config files:
# grep -R quota /etc/dovecot/conf.d/*
must not return any output. Else investigate, what the additional configuration file is doing.

Last edited:
Hello Peter,

the config is exactly how you wrote. There are no other quotas active.
The Server is freshly installed

Maybe a stupid question, but could it be possible that the mailbox is indeed empty and the statistics of the panel have not yet been recalculated and are still showing the 8.44 MB of mails that have long been deleted from the box?

Hi,

I have the same Issue. Quota is shown as 0% / mouse-hover shows "unknown" in roundcube. The mailbox has a 10 GB limit an is 80% full which is correcly shown in den panel.

I use the roundcube 1.2.4 delivered with plesk under the webmail subdomain and dovecot as imap-server. Plesk version is 17.0.17 Update #29 and Centos 7.

Is there any solution yet?
Thanks
Bruno

Hi again,

I played around a little bit and changed the mailbox size in the panel and now quota ist shown correctly in roundcube!

I have to say that the mailbox was migrated from another plesk serve before (with plesk migration manager). So maybe it is an issue with the migration manager? On the source server IMAP server was Courier and on the destination server it is now dovecot.

Cheers
Bruno

Hi .. yes i had the same problem with mailbox quota .. and migration manager has been used. (from 12.5 to Onyx)
Issue was solved with BrunoX suggestion to change mailbox size manually. Quota is now calculated properly.
So it's possible that there is some bug in Migration Manager.

Thanks BrunoX. I have had the same problem and it has served the solution to change the mail fee. From a Plesk 12.0.18 update # 102 to a Plesk Onix version 17.8.11 update # 6. I have passed the hosting plan from 2000MB to 2GB, I have synchronized 48 subscriptions and you can see the percentage in the webmail.
:) Thank you very much for the solution.

Same problem here, but with more than 500 mailbox it's really hard to think to do this trick manually.... so please check if the migration manager is ok

I encountered the same problem due to migration.
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43 update #1
Migration from CentOS 7.9 to AlmaLimux 8.5.
Date: 2022-04-29

The solution is as follows

Code:
plesk repair --mail

I encountered the same problem due to migration.
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43 update #1
Migration from CentOS 7.9 to AlmaLimux 8.5.
Date: 2022-04-29

The solution is as follows

Code:
plesk repair --mail
The solution is as follows:
Tools and Settings
Diagnose and Repair > Mail Server
run the repair

Back