• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No roudcube user added

Merlin1220

New Pleskian
I am running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.37 Update #2 und debian linux.

The following problem appears, when i add a mailbox the user isn't added to the database roundcubemail (Table users nor identities) therefor you can't login to webmail.

The already existing users are working fine, but i can't add new ones.
The connection to the database (mysql-user roundcube) is ok, i checked that

Any suggestions how to fix this problem or find the cause.

best regards
Andy

Can't reproduce it on my Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.37 Update #2.
I have created a mailbox in Plesk interface and successfully logged in to Roundcube. Record in the 'users' table of 'roundcubemail' database was created.
Try to find something useful in /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors

thank you, i will grep the log files, i hope i find something. It was always working until now, i have many users. I don't know why it stopped working.

Andy

There are some error:
[12-Aug-2021 12:53:57 +0000]: <66nqkn24> PHP Error: Failed to create new user in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php on line 703 (POST /roundcube/?_task=login&_action=login)
[12-Aug-2021 12:53:57 +0000]: <66nqkn24> PHP Error: Failed to create a user record. Maybe aborted by a plugin? in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/include/rcmail.php on line 652 (POST /roundcube/?_task=login&_action=login)

at the moment, when i try to add a mailbox, this errors are not shown in the log, but i think this is / was the problem.

but i don't know how to fix them, i will not change any code in Plesk.

any suggestions.

Best regards
Andy

any suggestions.
Please check that you have not extra column with the name alias in roundcubemail.users table:

# plesk db "desc roundcubemail.users"

If it is there, create dump of the database first:

# plesk db dump roundcubemail > /root/roundcubemail.sql

then remove this extra column from the database:

# plesk db "ALTER TABLE roundcubemail.users DROP COLUMN roundcubemail.users.alias"

Please check that you have not extra column with the name alias in roundcubemail.users table:

# plesk db "desc roundcubemail.users"

If it is there, create dump of the database first:

# plesk db dump roundcubemail > /root/roundcubemail.sql

then remove this extra column from the database:

# plesk db "ALTER TABLE roundcubemail.users DROP COLUMN roundcubemail.users.alias"

No it looks good i think, but still not working....

+----------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+----------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
| user_id | int(10) unsigned | NO | PRI | NULL | |
| username | varchar(128) | NO | MUL | NULL | |
| mail_host | varchar(128) | NO | | NULL | |
| created | datetime | NO | | 1000-01-01 00:00:00 | |
| last_login | datetime | YES | | NULL | |
| failed_login | datetime | YES | | NULL | |
| failed_login_counter | int(10) unsigned | YES | | NULL | |
| language | varchar(5) | YES | | NULL | |
| preferences | longtext | YES | | NULL | |

thanks for the help.
Andy

i think there is the problem, but i can't activate the a.i. flag in phpMyAdmin, maybe on the command line, or i dump the table, edit the SQL and after dropping the table, import the changed sql ?

i don't know how, to add this flag, but i think this could be the solution.

Andy

Non of the Tables has any auto_increment flag, does other tables need them, maybe you can check which tables should have a.i on which field.
Maybe the hole database is corrupted, i had some issues in the past, and hat to import an backup from the roundcube database, and i think the a.i flag was lost in this process.

Andy

Have you tried

# plesk repair db

Contact Plesk Support Team if not help. Investigation directly on your server is required.

Your hint with the auto_increment was the solution, but it was a little bit harder, because the hole database was currupted.
I installed plesk under VMware to get a blank database for roundcube.
I export this to an SQL-File, in the file is the correct structure but no data.
For that i export the corrupt database and added all "insert-into lines" to the blank file (where only the structure is included).
Now i had an correct SQL-File with the data from the corrupt file.
This file i import first to an temporary test database and after success to the real server.
And everything is back to normal, i can add mailboxes and roundcube is functional again.

Back