• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No statistics anymore after upgrading to 7.6

It would be even greater if somebody from SWSoft would finally comment on this.

This is really unbelievable. This is a major issue a lot of people apparently are having troubles with and which is going on for weeks now and not a single reaction of SWSoft has been posted here.

It is official (but we all knew it already much longer): SWSoft's support sucks big time...

I'm sorry to put it this strong and I'm not the kind of person to do this normally, but this amateurism is breathtaking.

Regards,

Mav.

Made it work(AwStats + IIS)

I´m really(REALLY) not good at explaining things so bare with me on this one ;)
(I hve not extensively tested it, so I don´t know if it´s 100% correct)

AWStats stopped working for me too, I´m using IIS + Plesk:

Each domain has on C:/Inetp/vhost/<domain>/statistcs/awstats/cgi-bin/ a file named awstats.<domain>.conf

Inside this .conf changed the line
<code>LogFile="C:\Inetpub\vhosts\<domain>\statistics\logs\<dir_here_changes>\ex%YY-0%MM-0%DD-24.log"</code>

That´s the encode used by the IIS on the logs, it´s easy to find, on the domain/statistics/logs, open an *.log file and it shall have encode somewhere:
<code>
LogFormat="date time s-sitename s-computername s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs-version cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) cs-host sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken"
</code>

Open up a DOS session, and execute the awstats.pl present on the same folder of the .conf:
<code>perl -w -config=<domain> </code>

Now I just have to:
- Make up a way to automate this.
- Find out if statiscs.exe will work or if I´ll have to make a shell script.

Hope it helps someone, actually I hope it ****in´ helps me also, since I´m not so sure if it´s 100% right.

Also, the domains added by the resellers don´t have the statistics set-up made. Copy the Awstats dir from one that has, change the name of the .conf, change the parts wich are domain specific inside the .conf, copy the index from one that already have, change all the lines like that: <bla>domain_wich_had_stats_set-up</bla> to <bla>new_domain</bla>

Windows Sucks ;)

Well Skeeter, you've hit the nail on the head !

Yes, indeed, this short article you are referring to and the application that comes with it, perfectly solves this case.

Why SWSoft never bothered to post a reply on this board is (as always) a complete mistery to me and is unfortunately again an example of their really bad support.

I can understand they don't follow all treads on these boards (however, there aren't THAT much !), but they could at least follow these that get a lot of attention or are read by a lot of people (almost 1.400 in this particular case) ! Well, maybe someday they will get their act together...

In the meanwhile, many thanks and case closed !

Regards,

Mav.

Ehh.. How did you get it to work? :)

When i try to start the script here, it doesn't do anything... Do it have to copy it to a spessific folder or something?

Thanx! :rolleyes:

Andre,

I just ran the application that comes with the knowledge base article and that runs indeed without any feedback. Agreed, a little dialog box saying it was successful or so would have been nice. I don't know if you get any feedback if it wasn't succesful either...

Anyway, what the application does is automatically change all the webalizer.current files that are on your PC. You don't have to copy it to a folder or so, it seems it finds them all by themselves (yep, a little more feedback here would have been nice too). There is nothing you can see about it, but the time and date attributes of the files show you indeed they have been modified.

I did nothing else and did not force the statistics to be made or updated. I just let the whole system run as it was. The next night during the automatic generation of the statistics, they all got picked up again and the next morning they were there !

Regards,

Mav.

Originally posted by EuroMaverick
Andre,

I just ran the application that comes with the knowledge base article and that runs indeed without any feedback. Agreed, a little dialog box saying it was successful or so would have been nice. I don't know if you get any feedback if it wasn't succesful either...

Anyway, what the application does is automatically change all the webalizer.current files that are on your PC. You don't have to copy it to a folder or so, it seems it finds them all by themselves (yep, a little more feedback here would have been nice too). There is nothing you can see about it, but the time and date attributes of the files show you indeed they have been modified.

I did nothing else and did not force the statistics to be made or updated. I just let the whole system run as it was. The next night during the automatic generation of the statistics, they all got picked up again and the next morning they were there !

Thanx for the quick reply. :)

When i execute the script, it only run for 2 seconds or so.. It doesn't seem like it have time to do anything.

But maybe it's my fault, because when this problem started, i tried out older versions of the statsistics.exe file.

It would be great if you (or anybody else) could mail me the statistics.exe file that you use. :D

I REALY wan't this to work!! :D:D

Thanx in advance! ;)

jan.andre (at) getonline.no

JanAndre,
after you get a suitable statistics.exe file (check the file`s properties -> version, it should be your Plesk version), you should run it, or wait for your scheduled statistics taks to run. After that your stats should get updated.

Good luck!

Back