• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

No statistics anymore after upgrading to 7.6

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

Recently upgraded to 7.6 and everything seemed to work fine.

However, I notice I now have no access to the statistics of the different websites anymore.

I have always succesfully been using the http://<domain name>/plesk-stat/webstat/ URL to access the statistics (without passwords), but I get a "Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document"-error.

What coul I be doing wrong or is there an issue after the upgrade that has surfaced ?

Manyt thanks in advance for any suggestion !

Kind regards,

Benoit.

We have the same problem!

No statistics since the upgrade from 7.5.6 to 7.6

Anyone can help?

Same problem here. I think SWsoft didn't check this before the 7.6 release.

But the awstats work.

Same here, but we added new custom button to navigation in Plesk with direct link to SmarterStats (which reside on subdomain).

Looks like this is slowly but surely officially becoming a bug.

Any comments on this, SWSoft, people ? If this gets confirmed, we are not talking a small issue here but a major flaw that needs a quick solution...

Regards,

Mav.

I might have missed it, but has this been solved in the meanwhile ore am I the only one having troubles here... ?

Plesk 7.6.0 is busted

Nope. Statistics is still broken. I got a "hotfix" exe from the SWSoft support guys, however, that didn't fix anything. Now I get the following error when stats runs:

Error: Unable to restore run data (13)

Anyone know what this means?

I'm getting the same thing after applying SWsoft's patch:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>statistics.exe
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expiredError: Unable to restore run data (13)

Any ideas?

Is it possible to get a copy of this patch? Or could someone tell me where to get it?

I would like to try it. ;)

Thanx for the link! ;) I'd tryed out the patch, but with the same result as other people ;

Help! Swsoft! Where are you! :p

I have just updated, but the statistics problem is not solved.

I still get the same error..:(

I updated too and didn't got the same thing.

However, I sent a support ticket to SWsoft explaing this issue and telling them that stats never worked on any 7.6 or 7.6.1 servers, but apart from that update, I got this nice reply:

"Hello again Bogdan,

I would first recommend you to reinstall the Plesk installations, usually that helps to resolve that kind of problems. Such errors occur when statistics process fails due to some reason and in your situation that reason could be the "Unexpected query for column year" issue.

Please let us know if you still encounter the same problem after reinstalling Plesk."

Although their patch fixed the querry issue, I still get this, like everyone else here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>statistics.exe
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expired
Timeout expiredError: Unable to restore run data (13)

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't this have been resolved by now? Is that how the SWsoft techs should handle bug reports? Telling people to reinstall after we already set up a lot of clients and a lot of domains on the servers?

Am I too demanding when I ask for these bugs to be fixed? I do understand that there can be bugs like this in any software release (although not as many as in Plesk, especially 7.6) but I don't think that we should pay extra for them to fix them, especially because it's a think that never worked in the first place.

I am using several Control Panels and I have dealt with other support teams, but I never encounter such attitude anywhere!

I must say, I am extremely dissapointed with this!

Hello Bodogan,

Joing the club - this part of SWSoft has always been a very dark one. Funny/strange thing is: lots of people complain about this on these board, but SWSoft never seems to comment on it.

It is clear in the meanwhile what their policy is: support (and that is "all support") needs to be payed, even if it concerns bugs or screwups they have made themselves.

It even goes that far, that for issues for this one which might have an easy patch that works, they still try to get as many people to call them so that they can tell each of them they need to pay first and then hand out the solution, rather then simply posting the solution on the boards.

Now, trying to make money on support is Ok, but trying to make money on your own screw ups is not. I've said it before: imagine Microsoft would make you pay for their security patches - they would get lynched right away...

SWSoft is lucky they have a bunch of pretty good applications, because this attitude could simply kill a company.

Kind regards,

Mav.

I just noticed that on a new domain that i created a few days ago, the webalizer is working!

But i still get the same errors on the other sites.

Maybe someone else could try this too.. Or better yet, maybe we can figure this out our self? ;) (thanx for nothing SWsoft :p )

Interesting...

Have not tried you remark yet, but I can tell I just upgraded to 7.6.1 and at first sight nothing has changed on this issue.

So, although people with paying support contracts apparantly seem to get fixes sent on request and although 7.6.1 is out, it seems this bug is here to stay for now...

Mav.

I got the statistics working on one site.. wohoo.. :rolleyes:

I switched to AWstats, and waited for plesk to create the stats.. I deleted the files, and after that, i switced back to webalizer again, and i worked! BUT it didn't read the last years logfiles.. Only the day i switched to webalizer..

Maybe it's possible to trick it to read all the old log-files again?

And maybe sone else can confirm this ehh...'fix'

BTW : i'm running 7.6.1

Re: Solution

Originally posted by EnigmaBCN
You can find the solution here, it worked for me:

http://forums.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?threadid=34804

...and just in case, I entered each domain, changed the setup to webalizer and back to awstat.

That patch didn't do anything for me. I had to delete all the old webalizer-files, and switch to AWstat, and then back again. This works, but this solution only counts new logfiles.

So it doesn't check the old logfiles. :(

It would be great if somebody could tell me how i can trick webstat to include the old logfiles.:)

Back