• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

no wordpress updates in application vault

SherlockH

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

the application vault (tools & settings) provides a "check for updates" button. Although there is a new version of wordpress available and installed for some domains, the update is not provided for domains that use older versions. Is this a bug? Or do I misunderstand the update feature? The old instances can be updated via the wordpress backend of course ...

Is this only wordpress related or a general problem (e.g. also for Joomla or other packages)?

Thanks in advance ...

Hi SherlockH,

Thank you for reporting this. I'd like to ask you a few questions so I can understand what exactly is happening.

the application vault (tools & settings) provides a "check for updates" button

This button detects if there are new versions of applications you or your customers have installed. You can see all these apps and their versions on the screen. If an app isn't visible there, it wasn't installed via Plesk, so Plesk cannot update it. If there are some applications that are not up-to-date, you will see explicit notification next to a particular outdated application.

Although there is a new version of wordpress available and installed for some domains

Please tell me the following:

1. Were these Wordpress instances installed manually or through Plesk via "Applications" tab?
2. Were these Wordpress instances upgraded at least once after the installation from within Wordpress, not from Plesk? (this question is extremely important, please double-check)
3. Do I understand correctly that "Upgrade" button is not available in Plesk for these Wordpress instances, but they can be upgraded from within Wordpress?

Thanks in advance.

Hi custer,

thanks for your reply.

1. Were these Wordpress instances installed manually or through Plesk via "Applications" tab?

They were all installed via applications tab. Some of them earlier with WordPress (3.4.1-6) and others later with WordPress (3.4.2-4).

2. Were these Wordpress instances upgraded at least once after the installation from within Wordpress, not from Plesk? (this question is extremely important, please double-check)

I created one instance with WordPress (3.4.1-6) for testing the update feature, because we'd like to use it via Plesk API. It is completely untouched. I waited for the next version and then tried the update feature of Plesk, but no update is found. If I login to wordpress, I receive a notification about the update that is available. If I install a new wordpress instance via Plesk, the new version is used.

3. Do I understand correctly that "Upgrade" button is not available in Plesk for these Wordpress instances, but they can be upgraded from within Wordpress?

The "check for updates" button is there but I get "no updates are available" as response. Within wordpress the update is provided.

Is there are way to install old versions of packages to explicitly test the update feature?

Back