• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No "www" records being added

C

CalebF

Hello,
We're running the new Plesk 10.1.1 on several new servers and we seem to be experiencing the same issue of when a new account is created Plesk doesn't seem to be adding the "www" binding. If we try to manually add the prefix into Bindings it accepts however doesn't seem to be updating so users cannot access their websites with the www prefix.

For whatever reason plesk throws an error if we try to add a CNAME Record with "www"

If we add additional domains in the account the www binding is setup! Weird!

We're placed a support request but Plesk can take days to reply, god I love cPanel who often reply within the hour!!

Thanks in advance!

Caleb F
24/7 Hosting New Zealand
http://www.247hosting.co.nz

Sorry for not catching your post but I just noticed myself that my sites no longer respond to the www prefix.

After upgrading from 10.1.1 to Plesk 10.2 the WWW seems to have simply... shut off.
In previous Plesk editions this was a simple fix, simple check mark a box in the domain control and it would add
or remove the www prefix. The site would respond to either it's domain name, or the subdomain.domain-name.

I hope by now you've received some sort of response back from Parallels on this ... and hopefully you'll be able to
post the fix, or what had actually happened to your Plesk installation to remove responding to www.

Everyone... I'd suggest just taking a peek at your web sites and making sure that they do respond to the www prefix.. .if you want them to that is.

The issue just became apparent to me after a failed upgrade to 10.2 from 10.1.1 in which the issues to fix the failed install took Parallels about a week to fix. This little problem though was not announced to them, thus they had no idea it was an issue.

Parallels people... please check your KB as there is NO precidence set yet on how to fix this issue.

Yes, since Plesk 10.2 up to 10.3.1 subdomains have no www prefix. It will be repaired in the next release.

Back