• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No zone transfer/update when activating DomainKeys

Thomas Becker

Basic Pleskian
Anyone else has this problem when activating DomainKeys, SOA serial number is not changed/increased?
This looks like a Plesk bug which can be easily reconstructed.
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.4.4 Update #45 on CentOS 6

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When a customer is activating DomainKeys spam system, some TXT-records (i.e. default._domainkey) are insert in the zone but the zone (with newly created TXT-records) are not transferred to slave nameservers. Also Plesk does not change/increase SOA serial number.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Create a domain and activate DomainKeys.

ACTUAL RESULT
TXT-records will be created in Plesks local master nameserver but will not be transferred to slaves and also SOA serial number is not increased. The same result when changing the default._domainkey by deactivating and then activating DomainKeys again.

EXPECTED RESULT
TXT-records should be transferred to slaves (zone transfer) and SOA serial number should be increased.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Zone transfers to slaves are working fine. When creating for example a new A Record and then click on the button for refreshing dns, the changes are correctly transferred to the slaves. The problem only exists with DomainKeys.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Got the solution.

The problem was a running change of the DNS zone template that never ends.
"Applying the DNS zone template. (0/50 of zones are synced)"
I stopped that by doing this:
http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=616418&postcount=12

After that, I changed the values in mysql table back to true:
update dns_zone set syncRecords = 'true', syncSoa = 'true';

Now all changes including the one from DomainKeys are transferred to the slaves and the SOA serial number is increased.

Back