• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

NOD32 antivirus and spamassassin on windows server

arisd

Basic Pleskian
For everyone that uses Plesk for windows and doesn't have license for antivirus and spam solution I wrote a program that combines NOD32 antivirus scanning and spamassassin for checking spam mails. They work on mailEnable mail standard server that is installed with Plesk for windows.

NOD32 is the fastest, the best and cheapest solution for scannning mails for viruses and spamassassin is the best spam solution for detecting spam and it is freeware (doesn'r require license).

I even wrote a webpage with detailed instructions of installation of NOD32, spamassassin and freeware MTA pickup event for mailEnable server.

Spread the info on - lets help enyone else. And I would be glad if you put link on your homepage to http://nod32mta.slohost.net for others easier to find.

Hi,

After these modifications, can the users still modify their spam settings thru Plesk ? I guess not. Because some prefer to delete mail, some not, and others like to disable spam filtering completely.

I wrote a script to completely run mail by an external mailserver (win or linux), where you can run antivirus and spamtools as you like. The spam settings are being imported from the Plesk DB at the main server. It detects new mailnames and also deleted (delete delay programmable for security). Because of the new Plesk implementation of DOMID I have to modify it a little (PHP, it runs on everything).

If your script could import the same settings from Plesk/win you'd have something with singular features. You should imagine that noone who runs a server for clients will install your script, because their clients will loose spam settings in Plesk. You can read the settings directly from the DB or by XML-API. Or does it honor the settings passed by %PLESK BIN%\memailfilter_usr.exe ?

Regards,
Bart

You're right...

nod32mta pickupevent is 3rd party software I wrote for my server and I tought perhaps someone else needs something like that. I have 190 customers on my server and NOONE asked for any spam settings - well 99% of them don't even know what spam is... But I remember one time I upgraded plesk and spam wasn't working... I recieved 30 phone calls few hours from that moment and I decided it is better to write my own program and works for me flawless.

It's much easier for me to bayes-learn on a large collection of mails and I achieve very good results - approx. 1 spam mail on 5-7 days get thrue and ends in mailbox.

So if you need it get it - if don't write your own or forget about it...

Hi,

You are wright, only less cares about their spam settings or training, but a simple ON/OFF per domain would be great ! Ofcause learning serverwide is the better way, but also could be done by adding a spamredirect mailaccount to the spamlearning "spam". You could redirect all mails to non-existent mailnames to this spam mailbox for learning.

I am willing to give your script a try to see how it works, but there are few things missing in your manual. Should I first remove spamassassin by Plesk ? Should I first remove Dr. Web from Plesk ?
From experience I've learned that customers often think that there antivirus is disabled, because the greyed out symbol in the mail view.
I have Nod32 allready and surely it detects more virus,worms,trojans and phishing as Dr. Web, so I would prefer Nod.

Greetings,
Bart

Sorry....

I don't have much time since I'm too busy working and I also don't have time to upgrade or change program. If it helps you go ahead and use it if not try to find similar product on web or write your own program...

l8r...

Back